November 2014 Moms
Options

Four month sleep regression

edited April 2015 in November 2014 Moms
my LO is fourmonthsold. She typically goes down at 7pm wakes up once during the night to eat then wakes up around 7-8am or she sleeps through the night. I know we are spoiled with how well she sleeps and I don't want to complain but this past week she has been waking up a couple times a night and tonight she doesn't want to sleep more than two hours. We're wondering if she's starting to teeth or if it's sleep regression? If it's sleep regression do we constantly pick her up and soothe her? Feed her every time? She typically eats every 4 hours 8oz and she goes to sleep at 7 on her own after a bottle.

Re: Four month sleep regression

• Options
    Our daughter is showing some signs of this as well, but we can see two teeth below her gums. She sleeps similarly to your daughter (7:30-7), but no night feedings.

From what I've read, if it is a sleep regression, you'll want to soothe your baby with as little intervention as possible (like when first teaching them to sleep through the night). They say that the new sleep habits they form during this time may stay with them.
    My husband (28) & I (24) are expecting our first baby this fall!

Married:  August 17, 2012   EDD: November 23, 2014
  • Options
    Get ready! As a mom of four kids. I know all to well that once I think I got this... It all changes. Your lil one might be having a growth spurt and does require extra feedings. It also might be teething. Is your lil one biting down on things? Extra saliva? That is signs of teething.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    vmainvmain member
    My 5 month old was also sleeping through the night until recently. But we noticed the signs: drool, fingers in mouth, and hard biting. So I either give more teething medicine or simply rock back to sleep. I figure if he was hungry he wouldn't go back to sleep. If he persists and doesn't fall back asleep in 10-15 min then I feed him. I try to read his signs. I figure with teething I'll have the occasional bad night.
  • Options
    My LO is also sleeping through the night, from 8:00p to 7:00a straight. Occassionally, I will hear rustling or soft whining on the baby monitor, but unless she's screaming or really crying, I let her be and she will settle back down herself. I try not to run to her every time she makes a peep so she will learn to soothe herself and go back to sleep.
    DH & Me 33 ~ Married 2013 ~ DD 2014 ~ EDD 8/24/19