April 2014 Moms

Crap our kids probably shouldn't play with

Inspired by discussion in RTT... What are some things you've let your little ones play with that they probably shouldn't?

Re: Crap our kids probably shouldn't play with

• A bottle of peach schnapps
    Car bottle warmer- he loved the cord!
    Pet water bowl... It counts as a sensory activity, right?
  • The basket of medical stuff on his changing table--he loves taking each bottle and syringe and thermometer, etc. out of it and putting them, one by one, in the laundry hamper nearby. It's funny to watch. But i do have to watch!

Our shoes.

The contents of the pantry.

Tampons.

Scraps of wrapping paper I haven't gotten around to throwing away yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes to wrapping paper! The bottle of Tylenol, a plastic baggie with (now crushed) cheez-its. The tube of diaper creme while I'm changing her.

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Packaged PB crackers, my heels, my phone! We got DD a good toy phone and she won't have anything to do with it - yet she loves to gnaw on mine!
  • My phone, the remote, baby wipes, a (clean) diaper, any paper, shoes (really loves DS's rain boots), my necklace...pretty much anything that she can get her hands on!
  • Forgot about the phone! I actually had to change the lock on my phone because she managed the simple slide lock. DD also has a super cool baby phone, but she knows it isn't the real thing so it doesn't work.

• Vitamin bottle, Desitin tube, and (clean) nose sucker are our go-tos for diaper changes
  • Remote controls among other things- before she was born I swore I'd never let her play with remotes.... But whatever keeps her occupied and happy works for me now!
  • kkaew816 said:

Remote controls among other things- before she was born I swore I'd never let her play with remotes.... But whatever keeps her occupied and happy works for me

There are sooooo many things I swore I would never do lol. Like have her watching TV... sometimes we will have the TV on for 3-4 hours in order to keep DD quiet when we have no energy lol

• Tampons, the dogs water bowl/the dog himself, remote, diapers, wipes. Anything really.
  • I notice DD checking out our outlet cover the other day, decided it was an okay thing for her to investigate (those tiny fingers couldn't pull the thing out) and stayed close by. Then she started licking it... That's the end of that.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • All of these. She also likes to put dogs and their hair in her mouth...glad I'm not alone.
  • I need to add dirty leaves that the dog tracked in. LO loved crunching them in his hands, and surprisingly didn't put them in his mouth!
  • The dog's anus (not sure why but it's almost always the first thing he goes for)
  • Mini rum bottles, the dog leashes, empty bottle of shout, snack size bag of peanuts, unopened cans of coke. All while supervised of course!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Permanent marker....he found it and really likes it. I tried to switch it out for a washable Marker. He wasn't having it. Here's to hoping he never figures out how to get the lid off!

Small mouthwash bottle, all the tampons, paper of any kind, shoes, his toothbrush, spoons, curtains, scale in the bathroom....and iPad but he only likes to stand on it.