1st Trimester
Options

For those with HCG > 1200 (x-posted)

They say that when your HCG is between 1200-6000, doubling time can increase to 72-96 hours. For those that have had readings during these times, did your doubling time slow? My numbers are SO LOW And the last one really slowed. The worry is starting to weigh on me:

3w6d: 28
4w3d: 94 (55 hr doubling)
5w3d: 871 (52 hr doubling)
6w3d: 4,025 (76 hr doubling)

I never had low numbers with my other kiddos, so I'm sure that this is not a good sign, but I'm wondering how normal it is to really have it slow that much after 1200? Anyone with low number success stories?

Re: For those with HCG > 1200 (x-posted)

• Options
    From what I've read it is not normal for them to slow to 96 hours until after 6,000. Mine was 24 hour doubling time until 10,000 and 6 weeks, when it slowed to over 100 hours, but baby seems to be developing fine (I'm now over 7 weeks). I think each pregnancy is SO DIFFERENT that it makes sense to just wait until you can get a good ultrasound and detect a heartbeat. HCG numbers didn't do anything but stress me out.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It is not uncommon for HCG to slow after hitting 1000. I initially had a doubling time of 22 hours which increases to 57 hours shortly after hitting 1000. I did not get another HCG after 2300
    I have had 2 perfect ultrasounds I am now 9 weeks with a HR of 166
    try not to compare as every pregnancy is different
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for your responses...logically, I know that it doesn't make any sense to compare my numbers to others, but I have kind of an obsessive personality, anyway, so waiting and analyzing these numbers is like a special kind of hell. I have an US on Tuesday, but I don't know if I can stay sane until then!
  • Options
    I was the same way! I could have easily not called and gotten my numbers but not knowing killed me. So obsessive, good luck to my husband and baby.
    Pregnancy Ticker