Trouble TTC
Options

Intro and seeking help from anyone with Femara experience (Child Mentioned)

dcatsazdcatsaz member
edited April 2015 in Trouble TTC

Hi all!  I was a lurker in 2012 and learned so much from all the ladies back then. Quick intro includes a diagnosis of PCOS back in 2000 and the typical can't conceive without a little help because who knows when or if I ovulate each month. I was very fortunate to conceive my son with clomid, metformin, and a trigger in 2012. 

Last cycle we tried clomid again but my follicles actually got smaller between my day 11 and day 14 ultrasounds and were nowhere near large enough to release. This month we followed same protocol (day 3 blood/baseline, day 10 and day 14 checks) but tried femara instead.  My doctor said that today was my day to test (14 days past triggered ovulation) and that if it is negative to stop taking my progesterone and wait for my cycle to start. I ovulated on day 16 or 17 and today is cycle day 30. My average cycle length is 33 days, with 29 being the shortest in the past 8 months. 

Should I assume that femara would make my cycle more regular and that at 14DPO I would know for sure that I am not pregnant? I worry about stopping the progesterone too early in case there is a chance I might be pregnant but don't want to keep taking it and preventing getting on with the next cycle. 

Any insight is greatly appreciated! Thank you for reading my novel :)

Re: Intro and seeking help from anyone with Femara experience (Child Mentioned)

• Options
    I'm on my third cycle of Femara, with Ovidrel trigger and Prometrium since the second cycle because of spotting issues with the first cycle. I don't have PCOS though. My cycles used to be shorter (averaging 25 days, but sometimes as short as 22 days), and since I've been on Femara, I've had more 'normal' 28-29 days cycles. So maybe it's just normalizing your cycle? I always get a beta two weeks after my Ovidrel shot, and if it's negative, then I stop the progesterone and AF last cycle AF came within 3 days (which is what was to be expected). Otherwise I'd continue until the end of the first trimester. Do you get any monitoring/bloodwork done? That would probably be safest?
  • Options
    I have to option to go in for a blood test if my period does not come, but until then I am just to stop the progesterone and wait. I had a small amount of reddish/pink spotting yesterday before I stopped the progesterone so I am hoping that maybe my period is trying to "breakthrough". Thank you for your advice!