November 2014 Moms
Options

Screaming!

Hi moms! My baby is almost 5 months. He recently started screaming at the top of his lungs before he falls asleep for naps and bedtime. I rock him or bounce him to sleep. Since he started screaming I've tried everything but he only calms after a long period of rocking. But he seems so super angry. Has this happened to anyone else? Any advice or insight?

Re: Screaming!

• Options
    Teeth!? My 4.5 mo is doing it before bed and I'm noticing his swollen gums and LOTS of chewing on toys. I think when their activity stops(for naps or bed) their mind wanders back to the pain because there is nothing else to distract them. Hope it passes quickly for you!
  • Options
    This is happening with my 5 month old too.  I feel like it is teething.  My LO wearing a amber necklace during the day and I take it off before bed. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with PP's, it is probably teething. My LO acted like that before her teeth comes in, and there was a lot of drooling. On bad days, I just give her a lot of extra lovin' to help her ride it out. I also got her Sophie, the giraffe, to gnaw on.
    DH & Me 33 ~ Married 2013 ~ DD 2014 ~ EDD 8/24/19
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! He actually has stopped with the intense screaming, but his gums are now swollen so I'm sure you were all right- the beginnings of teething!