February 2015 Moms

Newborn preparation for doctor's appointment

How do you prepare your day when your little one has a doctor's appt.Like if appoinment is around 10 am, what time do you feed her, what do you do so he/she wont get fussy in her carseat,etc?

Re: Newborn preparation for doctor's appointment

• I try to feed my son before. We go . Usually you can wake them up and they'll eat if they are even a little hungry . I exclusively breastfeed and my baby's pediatrician encourages me to feed the baby while we are there if I need to . And yours shouldn't mind if you feed your LO there .
    About the car seat thing I have NO IDEA how to make it easier for them . My baby cries as soon as I sit him in the car seat and again when I put it in the car until we start moving . And it's not like I can reach back and give him a paci or feed him .
  • armmarmm member
    When my LO has an appointment I make sure to do the following:

-pack/ re-stock her diaper bag with all the essentials. I like to bring a change of clothes so that I can change her after the appointment. I'm paranoid about doctors office germs. LOL!

- I wake up a little earlier than usual so I can get ready and shower before I need to wake her up. That includes packing up the car so that all I have to do is pack her up in her car seat and she and I are the last ones out the door and no need to haul everything else at the same time.

- I bring a pacifier and a bottle of expressed milk (LO is EBF) or just directly breastfeed to comfort her at the doctors. I'm pretty lucky that LO likes her car seat, but the pace helps for a brief moment like when I'm signing in at the front desk. :)