May 2015 Moms
Options

Measuring 35 weeks but im only 33 weeks

Went to my OB appointment today and ge said the baby is measuring 35 weeks when i'm only 33 weeks. Does that mean i can deliver early? How long have some of you moms went after finding out your measuring big.

Re: Measuring 35 weeks but im only 33 weeks

• Options
    It's normal. I was measuring a week behind one week, the doctors say it's okay. I don't think they really say anything until your either 3 weeks or more behind or ahead. you're fine mama ! and the tape measure isn't 100% accurate for everybody
  • Options
    I always have measured bigger with all of my kids this one I'm measuring 5 wks overdue
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm currently 36 weeks but measuring 40! Yikes! Went for my growth scan and sonographer said baby himself is measuring 36 weeks. I have a bit more fluid the most women at 36 weeks and my uterus is bigger this time around (had my first 14 months ago). So no worries, im sure all is well. Still scheduled for a section at 39 weeks. Good luck mama!
  • Options
    I'm 34 weeks measuring 37 and my doctor says that's still in a normal range and hasn't bothered to send me for a growth sonogram
  • Options
    At my last appointment I was 34 weeks and my stomach was measuring 37 weeks while baby was measuring 6lb8oz and 3-4 weeks ahead. They're inducing me a week early at 39 weeks but only because I'm diabetic-- they said just because she's measuring big doesn't mean that she'll come early or that they'll induce me any earlier. I don't think measuring 2 weeks ahead would make your OB induce you early. 

Us: Me (27) Hubby (27) Married since 7/24/10

BFP #1: 10/30/2007    DS born 06/20/2008

BFP#2 09/11/2014      DD born 05/01/2015

• Options
    I've measured big since day one due to uterus issues. My baby is developing normally and is actually a little smaller than average. So no changes for my delivery date.
  • Options
    I was measuring big at my appts. 3 weeks. My ob sent me for another ultrasound to check growth. Baby boy only measured 3 days ahead not 3 weeks. Just said that he is long and scrunched up in there really good. I'm due the 28th but the tech and my ob don't think I'll make it til then. Both say I'll be lucky to make it to the 20th. But Lord knows.. He will come out when he comes :)
  • Options
    Went to the doc a month ago at 31 weeks, measured 35 weeks and now I'm at 35 weeks measuring at 42 weeks. They did an ultrasound at 32 weeks and he is measuring right. When DH was born he was 2 weeks early and 11#!!! I'm ok with this little boy being early but I'm not ok if I have to push a turkey out of my vagina lol.