Infertility
Options

Clomid, Progesterone, Hormones and Forgetfulness...

Hey Ladies!!!
  As some of you already knew I've been on this TTC journey for a while and it recently started feeling real after I started taking all these hormones. I'm usually very detail oriented and my memory is that of an "elephant". Anyways, this past month all of that has changed. I think I've lost track of most of it. I know stress has a lot to do with it but has this happened to any of you? Could the hormones affect memory and make u be careless. I guess I feel this way because I "recently" lost my iPod. Might seem like this could happen to anyone but I don't think I've ever lost anything. Misplaced maybe but lost never. I'm always making sure I have stuff with me and if I notice I havent seen it, I check for it fast. What's worse is that I can't recall when I last saw it/used it. I usually keep it in my purse and dont remember checking for it or seeing it. Last time I know for sure was a month ago. I know I didn't lose it that day. I try to play it back but nothing. 

Could this be hormone related? I feel like this whole month has been a blur. Just bits and pieces. Not like me at all.

Anniversary
Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Trying to Conceive photo: TTC # 1 ttc-1.gif

PCOS photo: PCOS living_with_PCOS.gifBig Fat Positive
Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
PitaPata Dog tickers
Visit The Nest!

Me: 35  DH: 33
TTC #1: Since July 2012
Me: PCOS
DH: MFI (low count, motility, morphology)
Started with RE 10/14
IUI #1 - 3/9/15 - Got AF 2 days before BETA
IUI #2- 4/8/15- Got AF day of supposed BETA
Currently Self Benched to figure out what our next step will be

Re: Clomid, Progesterone, Hormones and Forgetfulness...

• Options
    I heard this can happen with progesterone supplements, particularly if taken orally. My RE has prescribed progesterone to be taken as vaginal suppository (sorry, TMI) and apart from some fatigue the first 2-3 days, I was fine. Clomid also has a lot of side effects; I'm on Femara and experiencing none. It definitely could be because of the meds and hormones! Best of luck to you! Hope you're back to your old self soon, with a BFP!
  • Options
    Thank you @KidShrink!!! I am also taking them vaginally. This cycle has been a lot more "normal" so far. Last time I had night sweats, very vivid dreams, bad mood, bloating and was in a daze most of the time. It's almost too normal.

PS Are u a School Psychologist?

Anniversary

PitaPata Dog tickers
    Visit The Nest!

Started with RE 10/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh that sounds awful! Happy this cycle is going better!
    I'm a clinical psychologist working with kids- so not school psyc, but a lot of the work is similar. I get asked all the time (by parents and kids) whether I have children and so many of the kiddos I see don't have much of a filter and also ask why not. I love my job, but there's days when I wish I wasn't getting these questions at work!
  • Options
    Hi dear..

I'm 28 and I've been treating for infertility as well for a few months now..

First session was these injectables, the doctor called them IVFM, which increase ovulation .. I had them for 10 days including clomid, however the results weren't that great and I didn't get pregnant..

I then started the injections again about 2 weeks ago for 10 days but a higher dosage without Clomid, the doctor said the results are very promising and I should get pregnant this time, in the meantime I should take Progesterone (not orally) for 2 weeks, after that take a pregnancy blood test, which will be this Saturday so fingers crossed..

I've been having many side effects though: bloating, water retention, nausea, pain and heaviness in my breasts, tender niples, discharge, acssesive urination, fatigue, always sleepy, and today in particular difficulty breathing and light headed which is worrying me..

I am looking for someone who shares this experience with me along with the side effects..

Thanks and good luck..
    Best regards,
    Yusra
  • Options
    FLY106FLY106 member
    edited April 2015
    KidShrink said:

Ugh that sounds awful! Happy this cycle is going better!
    I'm a clinical psychologist working with kids- so not school psyc, but a lot of the work is similar. I get asked all the time (by parents and kids) whether I have children and so many of the kiddos I see don't have much of a filter and also ask why not. I love my job, but there's days when I wish I wasn't getting these questions at work!

Thank you @KidShrink. I'm a School Psychologist (but not working with kids right now). I hear u, it's so hard to listen to all the questions and comments. Very frustrating!!

Anniversary

PitaPata Dog tickers
    Visit The Nest!

Started with RE 10/14

• Options
    KLake42KLake42 member
    I have definitely had some forgetfulness and foggy brain experiences!  This cycle, I had femara, ovulation trigger shot, IUI, and now progesterone (vaginally).  The trigger shot and progesterone have definitely put me on an emotional roller coaster (monster PMS, is what it feels like).  

I've also just lost words.  Like, I know there's a word for what I'm trying to say, but can't think of it for anything.  And I'm usually the one who's most likely to be teased for using smarty-pants obscure words (see, there's a better way to say that, but heck if I know what it is).

I'm also fatigued and generally cranky.  I know that progesterone can do this, but it's way more likely if you take it orally, so I can't imagine how I'd be feeling if I did that!
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Options
    I can't say I've noticed forgetfulness but I'm so bloated this month. I swear I look pregnant! :-( I'm also very crampy.
    TTC #1 since August 2013
    Unexplained/ Endo
    Medicated IUIs # 1-3 BFN
    IVF #1- BFN
    FET #1- BFP; Ectopic pregnancy found at 7wks
    FET #2- February 2017 BFP  Beta #1- 119 (8dp5dt) Beta #2- 475 (12dp5dt)
  • Options
    Glad to hear some similar reactions. I'm on the progesterone inserts and shots daily. I have definitely lost a lot of words, walk into a room and forget why I was in there...tired a lot and find it hard to focus on work!