April 2014 Moms

Monday poll

Jazma11Jazma11 member
edited April 2015 in April 2014 Moms
In your opinion, What age is too old for breastfeeding (in general-not you necessarily).

Monday poll 40 votes

less than 1 year old
0% 0 votes
1 Year old
2% 1 vote
1 1/2 years old
17% 7 votes
2 years old
40% 16 votes
2 1/2 years old
15% 6 votes
17% 7 votes
3 1/2 years old
0% 0 votes
4 Years old
5% 2 votes
4 1/2 years old
0% 0 votes
5+
2% 1 vote

Re: Monday poll

• ksulliksulli member
    edited April 2015
    My vote was for daytime BFing, and I said age 2, however, I have no inner, 'that's odd' thoughts if you keep bedtime nursing past 2.

And really, I don't judge BFing past 2 in that I think it's bad for development or anything, I just find it slightly odd (though one of my good friends daytime nursed on demand until LO was 3- whatever works). I know the WHO recommends BFing to age 5 or more so long as it is mutually desired, but kind of think that is geared towards developing nations where the water supply may not be safe.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • I don't don't judge or have anything against BFing toddlers at all. I think it's great if you're both still enjoying it. BUT, for me, I'm done by the time he can ask for it. He's already starting to pull at my shirt and sticking his hand down my shirt, and that was my que to start weaning. Im gonna hang onto the night time feeding for a while longer though :)
  • Loading the player...
  • ^^on the pulling down your shirt thing- LO crawled over to a woman sitting near DH and pulled on her shirt when I wasn't there! I almost died when he told me. Funny thing is I'm a working mom, so she's on bottles all day. Baby knows where to find the food.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • That's hilarious @ksulli! I love it. LO does the shirt-pulling thing too--not my fave. But I'm finding I'm more comfortable with extended breastfeeding than I thought I would be. My personal cut off will likely have to do with when/if he is able to ask to nurse with words. My hope is that he decides to self-wean well before then, but the dude seems to love the boob. We'll see what happens.
  • Had to think about this one, since I stopped breastfeeding at five months. I think if the child can ask for it or pulls up mom's shirt to get it, it's time to stop.