August 2014 Moms

Fertility issues?!

jdrdnrjdrdnr member
edited April 2015 in August 2014 Moms
Questions for all you ladies. I still have not had a cycle or period since I had lo which is now going on 8 mos old. I started using the fertility cycle sticks to try and track my peak time to conceive again. After a month I do not have a day that is at the peak ovulation time. Anyone else still not having a monthly cycle but having ovulation cycles regularly? Sorry if TMI just curious as not sure what I should do from here! I would like babies fairly close together:) I am still bf exclusively and won't stop just to start a cycle again

Re: Fertility issues?!

• I have checked my ovulation but my baby is the same age as yours and I haven't had a period yet. I also BF and pump.
  • seamonkey0814seamonkey0814 member
    edited April 2015
    Ok so I'm super confused. Is it possible to be ovulating without getting a period? I don't think so.

ETA: if you're BFing it's totally normal to not have your period back. It's not a fertility issue!! According to my public health nurse most women need gaps of at least 4-5 hours between feedings before they become fertile again!
  • Loading the player...
  • I believe you can still get pregnant even without a period. Also I meant I haven't checked not have checked. I have heard that you are more fertile during this time (after baby/nursing)
  • Yes you can ovulate and get prego without a period. I'm not worried about not having a period! I normally don't get mine back till I am done nursing. My questions was for others trying to conceive while bf and no period and if they were having issues finding when they are ovulating!
  • Oh ok. Sorry.
  • No reason to be sorry! I was trying to explain to the other response that you can get pregnant without a period. And I was questioning of anyone else was having issues with fertile days that's all
  • PeedyPeedy member
    Some people can still get pregnant while breastfeeding, but there are a lot of people that will find that BF is a natural form of birth control.

The amount of prolactin in your system is crazy high while you're breastfeeding, and high prolactin is also something you'd be medicated for if you were infertile and it happened to be high. Lower levels of prolactin are associated with an easier time getting pregnant.
  • No reason to be sorry! I was trying to explain to the other response that you can get pregnant without a period. And I was questioning of anyone else was having issues with fertile days that's all
  • Great thanks for the info!