Colorado Babies
Options

Daycare

Hi all! I'm delivering twins this week and finally starting to get around to the reality of daycare. I will likely need daycare starting around Aug 1st and was looking for input on going rates/experiences in the Denver Metro area. I'm open to facilities, in-home care and nannies that come to my home (as long as all are safe, experienced, and pass my mommy-approval tests). If it helps, I live in southeast Centennial. Thanks in advance for any input!

Re: Daycare

• Options
    @blairdavis99 I just lost my daycare this week and need to figure out what I'm doing come late September/early October for newborn and 3 year old part time. What was your outcome? Any advice or good places to look?
  • Options
    @lcawthra - my start date actually got pushed back to Sept 1ish. I have been desperately looking. Interviewed a bunch of nannies for in home care. The cheapest was around $1800/mo but she had blue hair and wanted to bring her rowdy two year old with her every day! Then there was the girl who hates America (she was from Japan). The priciest was $2,700/mo - she was 48, had tons of experience & was amazing. But I just can't afford her, sadly. Trying to find someone decent in between still. I called around all the major daycare places and they all seemed to be around $2,500-$2,800 after the multiple child discount. These are all full-time rates. Haven't had any luck finding small in-home day cares that have openings. So I am still looking. Let me know if you find anywhere good and reasonable!