February 2015 Moms
Options

Crying when farting

My 6-week old baby cries when she farts, then she stops when she farted.she usually waking up crying around 5-6 am, its not a consistent cry though, if she had 3 farts she will have 3 intense short cries. Any advice on how to help her get through this. Its frustrating seeing her cry like that, yes, its a short cry but it seems like she's in so much pain.

Re: Crying when farting

• Options
    My baby is 6 weeks old too and does the same thing sometimes- so did my first two kids. You can try gripe water or gas drops. I used those with my older kids when they had bad gas, but for the most part other than the short cries while passing gas, they were fine. It is just an adjustment for them. Just cuddle and reassure her!

• Options
    armmarmm member
    I agree with @jaecat521 gas drops were recommended by the doctor and it's been helpful. I try to gently rub her belly when I see her in discomfort as well. I sing her "toots and poots" song to distract her. It's silly but it seems to at least calm her down :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    should i give the gripe water when she's in discomfort or i could give it to her ahead of time?
  • Options
    mle106mle106 member
    edited April 2015
    You might also try bicycling her legs and pushing her knees to her chest. That usually helps my guy get some of the gas out. He also does the 5-6 am gas time every morning.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My 5 week old does the same thing and it just kills me to see her in so much pain