April 2014 Moms

what does your LO do that drives you nuts?

Of course we love them but they still do things that grind our gears! Either your a14 baby or other kids??

I'll start...
1.) food throwing is not cute anymore. I'm tired of scraping dried food off the floor. LO can't stand when something is on her food tray that she doesn't want thus it ends up on the floor.
2.) she thinks it's so fun to take her bottle, turn it upside down, and spread it all over the floor, rugs, furniture, or even me. This is the worst - I do not want a spoiled formula smelling house!

Re: what does your LO do that drives you nuts?

• It drives me crazy when little one dodges me when I try to wipe his nose, then cries when I have wrestled him to get it cleaned.
  • 1) He pulls my hair and gets this devilish little grin on his face while he does it.  The grin is funny, but the hair pulling is not.  And I don't know how to get him to stop. The other day, he was so persistent, I finally had to put him in his playroom (which is gated off) and leave him there for a while.  He was unhappy, but it stopped the pulling!

2) Agreed re: the food throwing.  I discovered this weekend, though, that magic erasers take up that dried food like nobody's business! 

3) Squirming around and flipping over on the changing table.  Rather than telling him not to squirm tonight, I praised him for lying still. It seemed to work better, but may have been a one off.  We'll see when I try again tomorrow. :)

• Loading the player...
  • 1) grinding his teeth
    2) grinding his teeth
    3) throwing food

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/69/1a18c2e7532600b237c0ccef11ba85.jpeg

Proud Mommy of Derek Michael

April 8, 2014 9lb 6oz 21 inches

• I laugh at most of the things that LO does.  Laughter is just about the only way to get through some things.  No one's dying?  Laugh it off.

But yeah, when he grabs my glasses and smudges little baby fingerprints all over them... no laughter from me.  Damn it, kid, I want to see!
  • The hair pulling for sure is not cute. The temper tantrums also I could live without...
  • The battle royale at diaper changes and clothing changes.
  • 1. Follows me around wining pulling at my legs which seems like all day long.
    2. Every.diaper.change is a battle
    3. Food throwing
  • "Ehh ehhh ehhh" when he wants something.
  • Throwing food isn't annoying because the dog loves it. But throwing her toys out of the pack n' play and the play yard is getting obnoxious... alllllll the time!

The glasses grabbing is really really annoying, she is wicked fast too and my glasses are nearly destroyed.

Hair pulling was annoying so I just chose to cut my hair, worked like a charm because now her hands just slide off the ends

I agree on the nose wiping... she acts as if I am torturing her!

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• He will pinches the crap out of me as he's pulling up on me. It hurts and so frustrating!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • DD pulling herself up on my legs all day long and won't let me walk. She hangs on me and pinches me!!

DS thows himself down and is extremely dramatic during a temper tantrum.
  • 1. Hitting and laughing about it.
    2. He head bangs you and laughs ( it fing hurts)
    3. He is starting to throw fits...... It's more funny than anything else.
    4. STOP CLIMBING ON EVERYTHING!!!!!
  • 1. The humping of anything and everything. I've never known a child to do this. Apparently it's normal.
    2. Teeth grinding
    3. She just started having tantrums and throwing things.
  • I'm going to add the nipple tweaking while he nurses. I lock it down like fort Knox and still he finds it to twist and pinch! Ouch!
  • And she just learned a new one. I was blowing my nose and cleaning my nostrils out with a Kleenex and apparently she was watching me very carefully. I bent down to kiss her and she stuck her finger in my nose! Greeeat.

• smushi said:

I'm going to add the nipple tweaking while he nurses. I lock it down like fort Knox and still he finds it to twist and pinch! Ouch!

SAME HERE! He's so persistent to get to it too!
  • Ugh the teeth grinding drivese crazy! Like nails on a chalkboard.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • LO is a messy eater. Chews things and spits them out. Milk everywhere. I have to cover him with a tea towel and then put a bib on top because all his clothes are getting stained and I can't seem to get the stains out!
  • 1. Pinches. Everything.
    2. Uses my hair to support and balance herself. I'm not a fan
    3. Anything she doesn't want to eat, she throws off her tray. Good thing we have a dog.
  • 1. Pinches. Everything.
    2. Uses my hair to support and balance herself. I'm not a fan
    3. Anything she doesn't want to eat, she throws off her tray. Good thing we have a dog.

Ha ha I'm thankful for our dog too! Except that she now rejects Cheerios, toast, and puffs. I guess she had too many!
  • There is currently a pile of broccoli and beef awaiting our dog on the dining room floor.
  • Lol, DD has a "one for me" then "one for the floor" method

• There are piles of my hair all over my floor - partially because I'm loosing it still postpartum and the other because LO thinks it's fun to use my hair to pull up on, balance herself, and just for fun to rip out. I'm going bald....
  • Throwing food, shaking/slamming/throwing bottle or sippy so that liquids go all over and acting as though its the end of the world when I wipe her snotty nose!
  • Spitting out milk. This girl will not drink more than 4oz of milk in a day, and most if it ends up on her shirt and the floor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker