December 2014 Moms
Options

Colic

leowife1110leowife1110 member
edited April 2015 in December 2014 Moms
DD started screaming 6 days ago. If she's not asleep she is screaming. Nothing calms her down. I've taken her to the doctor and had 3 different opinions and they all tell me colic. From reading about colic it seems odd for it to randomly start at 14 weeks. Anyone else in this boat or have experience here? TIA!

Edited for typo

Re: Colic

• Options
    I find it odd for a 24 week old to suddenly have colic. My son had colic when he was a few weeks old, he's now 4 months and no longer has it. But you can try natural products for it and see if that's helps.

Otherwise it could be a growth spurt, Have you tried the wonder weeks app? It lets you know what ages babies have growth spurts and what to expect :)
  • Options
    Total typo!! Sorry! DD is 14 week
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh ok. I would still suggest the wonder weeks app and natural colic products though :)
  • Options
    Try gripe water. Also try a bouncy seat or RnP with vibration and see if it helps. If it goes it could be upset belly maybe reflux. Only other thing I can think of is maybe your DD is hungry? Could need an extra ounce or if BFing maybe a change in your diet upset her tummy.
  • Options
    She rolls non stop so we've had to take her out of the rnp and bouncy chair. She's on prolisac and she doesn't wait to eat :-/ it's so frustrating. Her GI doc switched her to Nutramigen today so we shall see how that goes. Thanks a ton for all the ideas! @bride2bee0012 And @Chrissy4546
  • Options
    My pediatrician recommends Gerber Soothe to ease colic. It's a probiotic that has shown to reduce crying time. 
  • Options
    She's on nutramigen which has probiotic in it as well. I'm at a loss. She's still crying as of today