Multiples
Options

Vaginal birth for both twins?

Hi there! Looking to see how many out there are attempting or have successfully delivered both twins vaginally? I have 32w/4d boy/girl who are both head down and likely to go vaginally when they induce me at 34 weeks (severe preeclampsia). Looking to hear any thoughts or experiences on the subject. Thanks ladies!

Re: Vaginal birth for both twins?

• Options
    Mine were both head down and I attempted an unmedicated vaginal delivery. Baby A arrived without problems, but after he was born, B flipped and straddled my cervix. 2.5 hours later, I had a c-section to deliver B. 

I'd do it the same way again if I had to. It was worth it to me to at least get the benefits of *one* vaginal delivery. The recovery was rough but I managed just fine. I would tell anyone scared of the "double whammy" delivery to go ahead and try to deliver vaginally if they so desire.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yes, I delivered both my babies vaginally a few days ago. They were both head-down but after baby a was delivered, baby b flipped to breech and was delivered by his legs 4 minutes after his sister. I was also scared of a double whammy. A big part of it is how comfortable the delivering ob is with delivering baby b breech since baby b can flip to any position after baby a is born.
    IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @blueberries8 congrats on your little ones! So happy for you!
  • Options
    @blueberries8 - do you mind if I ask how long you were in labor?
  • Options
    I delivered both my girls at 36 wks vaginally w/o complication after being induced due to severe preeclampsia.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Delivered my twins vaginally almost 4 years ago. Twin A was head down, twin B was breech. No complications, 3 minutes apart.
  • Options
    I was induced...started at 2.5 cm dilated/100% effaced at 11am and delivered a little before 8:30pm. It took me a while to get to 5cm and a couple hours to go from 5-10.
    IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
  • Options
    Thanks all! Growing more and more confident that this can be done! (Well. my mind already knew it but I needed sort of a pep talk!)
  • Options
    Vaginal delivery here. Baby A was head down & Baby B was breech. My doc was confident she could flip baby B once I delivered baby A. She could not flip him so I pushed him out feet first. Both babies are great!
  • Options
    I've got my heart set on delivering my twins vaginally. Great to hear the success stories
  • Options
    I also delivered my twins vaginally. Both were head down when I was induced. Baby A was born and Baby B flipped to breech. I am grateful that my doctors worked together to deliver Baby B breech 8 minutes later.
  • Options
    I am being induced tomorrow. Both are currently head down and I am aiming for a vaginal birth. However, my doctor has informed me that if B flips, they will try to turn him but will NOT deliver him breech. I am pretty bummed about this - absolutely hate the idea of delivering one vaginally and then having to do a c sec. But I know that they are just doing what they feel is right and what they are comfortable with. I'm sure everything will turn out ok in the end.
  • Options
    I had a great OB with lots of experience. I had a fast and easy vaginal delivery! Both were head down. They are a full hour apart because DD was first and MUCH smaller. DS weighed 6lbs 9.4oz and had a much larger head. Everyone did great!

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

• Options
    Just had our baby girls 6 days ago vaginally without an epi 5 minutes apart. It was intense, but what I hoped for.
  • Options
    I was able to deliver my twins vaginally a year ago, both were head down. 33 mins apart, my daughter was stubborn and didn't want to come out, she was really high.
    Hope all went well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP#1 • 11/15/12 ectopic-too early to have EDD • MTX 11/30/12
    BFP#2 • 6/30/13 EDD 3/9/14...TWINS!! Baby A (BOY)-167 HB • Baby B (GIRL)-174 HB
    January 31, 2014 • Dominic Jayden 4lbs. 8oz.Ciara Aliyah 3lbs. 11oz. at 34w5d
  • Options
    I'm hoping to have both vaginally (but I have medical issues making a c section much higher risk for me). The OB I'm getting ready to switch to specializes in high risk & low-intervention...& DS1 was a 9lb1oz vaginal delivery.
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sooooo...I ended up having a c section after 30 hours of labor. My body was just not cooperating for a vaginal birth. Glad to hear so many successful stories out there though! My babies are happy and healthy and that's all that really matters in the end, right?
  • Options
    @blairdavis99 It is all that matters. How are you recovering?
  • Options
    @MamaC1983 - about 3 weeks post op and doing well thanks! The recovery was a bit slow at first on account of my preeclampsia but I think I'm pretty well on track now!