November 2015 Moms

Easter reveal!

Found this giant golden egg at the store tonight. I put 2 swaddle blankets, 2 pacifiers, and a big sister shirt inside of it. Going to hide it with all of the regular eggs for DD to find on Sunday. We will be with my parents and grandparents that day. Can't wait!!!

Re: Easter reveal!

• We are also doing an Easter revel at dinner with the family. This is our first baby and only the 2nd grandchild (with a 10 year gap in between). So excited to see everyone's reactions!
  • Congratulations! It will be exciting for sure!! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • We did an egg with piece of paper inside that said baby 'last name' hatching oct 30t! MIL screamed and loved it. Then to tell SIL we got her kids shirts that says 'I'm going to be a big big cousin'. For my out of town parents we skyped them with our dogs and a chalkboard that said baby 'last name' guard dogs, duty begins Oct 30th. Glad we could make them all different and personal!
  • That's cute!
  • We did too! This is my parents first grandchild and my grandparents first great grand! The reaction was perfect!
  • Here it is for the in laws!
  • What store did you find that egg in??!!!! I LOVE ❤️❤️❤️ That idea for my son! We are also revealing tomorrow but I'm too sick to get anything done. Getting my toosh up now and just going to deal with not feeling well.. I may even give one of these to my MIL, if I can find one. Perfect!
  • LizQ2LizQ2 member
    Adorable! I love the gold egg. We told our 4 year old daughter last night and are going to have her give our parents eggs tomorrow with a message inside similar to @christina4436. So excited!!

*YCSWU July Siggy*

• Thank you! It was a walmart actually :) with the Easter stuff.
  • I did a picture with an egg cracked that says "baby #2 due november 2015" then put 3 of my daughter's handprints on it 1 has her name, the 2nd has the month and day of her birth and the third has they year of hers.
    Painted the paper for the background bright pink blue yellow orange and green
  • We are having a late Easter/Birthday family get together in two weeks. I'll be 12 weeks by then. I'm getting a t shirt made for my parent's only grandchild that says "Soon to be BIG cousin." We're going to hide it in a large easter egg for her to find. :)
  • I bought these cute eggs on etsy! I just wish I woulda known it was going to be twins when I ordered

That's so cute! And oh my goodness, twins!! So exciting :)
  • Here's our reveal to my mom and dad and the whole family for tomorrow! This is #3 :)
  • P.s.- I hollowed out my own real egg and put the rolled up note inside ;)
  • Good luck to everyone revealing today!
  • I did the same thing with the hollowed out egg.  I couldn't have asked for a better reaction from my parents.  This is our first babe and their first grandchild.  I have another egg for my mother-in-law today.  I'm so excited!
  • I also did an egg reveal yesterday. So much fun. The notes inside the plastic eggs said "We're egggspecting our 2nd little one! Due to hatch November 2015."
  • We just got my mum and dad a chocolate easter egg and had Nana and Pops Nov 2015 written on it....will be their first grandchild. They were pretty excited. 
  • So, update....she was totally confused at first (has never been around a pregnant person and we haven't had the "where babies come from" talk) this is how the egg opening went:

DD: these pacifiers are not a good present.
    Me: what does the shirt say?
    DD: big sister *puts shirt down and starts eating Hershey kisses* (adults figured it out and got excited at this point)
    Me: what do you need to be a big sister?
    DD: I don't know.
    Grandma: who is having a baby?
    DD: no one.
    Me: you are getting a baby brother or sister!
    DD: from where?
    Me: me!
    DD: is this a late April fool's joke or what?
    Me: no! We're having a baby and you will be a big sister!
    DD: *eyes got wide* I will finally have someone to rule!

Holy. Crap.
  • I put a pacifier inside an egg, and gave one to my mom, dad and grandma to open. My mom could kind of see through the plastic and shouted, "You're pregnant!" When I said yes, she was like, "wait, really?" Hahaha
    Baby number 1 on the way!
  • We did the little booties. Our families are ecstatic! There hasn't been a baby in my family in over 10 years. MIL
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge