August 2015 Moms
Options

How did you know you were pregnant?

Some women report having a feeling before they take a test or something that seems off. For me, I was brushing my teeth about a week before my period was due and I started gagging and dry heaving because of the bubbles! That had never happened to me before. A few days later I had AWFUL cramping, but no blood. They were so bad they were waking me up at night! The day my period was due, I took a test without thinking much of it on my way into the shower. And there it was! So exciting! What was your first clue you were pregnant before you knew for sure?

Re: How did you know you were pregnant?

• Options
    I was a day late. I've never missed a period of been late at all. That's how I knew.
  • Options
    We had an slight incident happen a couple of weeks before thanksgiving. I didn't think too much about it, because it has happened before and I never got pregnant. But when I went to visit my SO in the emergency room2 days before Thanksgiving(he was there for 2 days for a seizure) I walked in and asked him "....Did you eat mayo?"  He said "um...for lunch with my sandwich about 4 hours ago?" and I ran to the bathroom violently throwing up and gagging. The nurse thought I was a patient! lol! I went back to the room and said "Dan, I think i'm pregnant." 3 days later I took a positive test.
    Always hold on to hope ❤
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was a couple of days late, but I was absolutely ravenous. I ate like a teenage boy when I typically eat like a bird. Took a test 2 days later.
  • Options
    I just felt off. I wasn't sleeping well, I was making mistakes at work, smells were heightened, I had restless leg syndrome off and on. There was no reason to think I was pregnant, I thought I had an IUD in (turns out it fell out). Me and my husband were about to take the plunge in buying a new house and given how off I felt I just had a strong urge to take a test before we made the decision to buy the house.

My LMP was Nov 15, I tested in early January, but long cycles are regular for me so I wasn't concerned. When I tested it showed positive right away. Given my LMP I should have been about 8 weeks but it turns out I was only maybe just 4 weeks. So had I tested a bit earlier I wouldn't have gotten the positive.

It's crazy that I knew that quickly, even though I didn't have a reason to think I was.

It was kind of similar with my second DD, I got pregnant after my first cycle after having my first DD. I had fertility issues with my first DD so there was no reason to think I was pregnant. I just hand a strong compulsion to test after being full for two meals in a row (which seemed odd to me).

When I was trying with my first DD, I always thought I had symptoms, would test and it would come back negative. It's weird that after you have already had a baby, your body figures things out and in my case I just knew when I was pregnant. 
  • Options
    Woke up starving at 1:00am even after eating a large dinner for a few nights before I finally took a test the morning of Thanksgiving. I was on my 2nd round of Clomid that month which hadn't made me ovulate when it should have so I was sure I wasn't pregnant and my doctor would have to up my dose!
  • Options
    I would wake up for a 12 hour long night of sleep and still feel groggy! Also my gagging was uncontrollable.. Definitely knew I was pregnant before I took the test
  • Options
    I had been having really bad heartburn for a few weeks and eating ALOT of red peppers and never thought anything of it. Then I went to the dr a couple of days before my period was due for what i thought was a uti and found out i was actually pregnant. I was SHOCKED! We had only decided to stop my birth control less than a month before that!
  • Options
    I found out 3 weeks into my pregnancy by just waking up one morning and having a feeling. It was odd- my period hadn't been regular for a while so it wasn't easy for me to tell if I was late or not. I honestly wasn't expecting a positive test at that point, and there was a slight freak out for a few minutes, but that quickly subsided!
  • Options
    mrsb30mrsb30 member
    edited April 2015
    I was tracking ovulation through temping. I had promised I wouldn't test early because every other month I was disappointed. I broke down 4 days before my missed period and took a test, I saw the faintest second line and didn't believe it was true. Every other month I had so many "symptoms", the month I found out I didn't have any until I missed my period. So thankful!
  • Options
    gmd88gmd88 member
    edited April 2015
    I was 4 days late although it was the second month we were trying. The first month I was so excited I took a bunch of tests that came out negative even though I had myself convinced I was pregnant. I was determined not to waste money the second time on a bunch of tests. Though I really "felt pregnant" both months. I was glad to be able to tell my husband that i want just going crazy!
  • Options
    kat+1kat+1 member
    edited April 2015
    My husband pointed out that I was getting a lot of headaches, falling asleep in church and and clumsy... All things that happen during my pregnancy with DS . He told me I was pregnant and 9 days later I tested and I got my BFP Mind you I had only had one cycle Since having DS in July and didn't know if my cycle was back for good or just the once.
  • Options
    I threw up one day before I was suppose to get my period. I called into work that morning, but my 10 am I felt better but had a craving for spam and baked beans. So weird. I decided to spend the day cleaning and around noon I thought it would be fun to have a glass of wine while I clean, but something just told me that I should just take a pregnancy test before I have a glass of wine. I really didn't think I was going to be pregnant, but I went out and bought a two pack of pregnancy tests. Both turned out to be positive so I still haven't had that glass of wine yet lol.
  • Options
    I threw up after drinking a glass of my favorite type of wine, which was very odd. Took a test the next morning just for the heck of it - I really didn't think it would be positive - but, yep, it was!
  • Options
    Heartburn. Then cramping a little after four weeks....sooo yeh
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't know until I went to the dr for the migraine I'd had for 3 days straight. And it wasn't any normal migraine it was one of those that hurt so bad it made you nauseous migraines. The dr was gonna give me a shot for it but did had to do a pregnancy test. I didn't believe him when he said it was positive but sure enough it was (:
  • Options
    @BreezyMeema I busted out laughing reading this! Pregnancy discharge is no joke!!
  • Options
    I love reading all these stories!! :)
  • Options
    Miz_Liz said:

Lucky hunch. I had miscarried not even a month before and never even got my period. I wasn't sure if my cycle would be off due to the MC, but I felt like I was overdue and I had a test leftover so I took it and it was positive! Yay!

That's awesome! Sorry for your loss @Miz_Liz
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @Miz_Liz Yay! What a great surprise :)
  • Options
    Thank you ladies :)
  • Options
    @ginger8484 Wow! Definitely meant to be :)
  • Options
    Maybe a little more TMI ;) my boobs had a different kind of hurt to them 3 days before I was supposed to get my period. Then the following day I was more on edge than normal and I just had a feeling I should take a test. Sure enough I found out 2 days early that I was pregnant!
  • Options
    My uterus started cramping up really bad after I had an orgasm one night. Looked it up and being pregnant was the only answer I could find. My boobs were also double in size and I felt like I had been run over by a truck.
  • Options
    The best way I can describe mine is "a feeling that suddenly you aren't alone in your own body". A little nudge in the back of the consciousness. It's happened with all three of mine so far. I end up knowing long before an actual missed period or any other symptoms. It's weird.
  • Options
    The only difference I felt was feeling entirely wiped out after doing my normal weight lifting sessions. I didn't realize it until in hindsight and of course after confirming it with the pregancy test. 
    DS1 - 8-10-2015 LO2 - EDD 4-30-2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My contacts were so dry that I could barely wear them a few hours at a time. It happened during my other 2 pregnancies so I took a test.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    @carlyetec : yes it was ment to be. It was my first and was devastating , but god couldn't see me suffer any longer. So blessed to have my angel bear:)
  • Options
    My period was 5 days late. I was sitting in class and thought about how it usually starts on the 1st and realized it was the 5th. I bought two tests and both were positive. It was surreal
  • Options
    After having what I thought was the flu for 2 weeks I finally thought that maybe I could be pregnant. My period was always super irregular and I had some light bleeding when I first got sick so I thought it was my period and didn't think anything else much of it.
  • Options
    I honestly didn't know. We had been trying since a mc a year earlier but my doctor didn't think i was ovulating. I was at my mom's and she burned something on the stove. It made me so sick. My gums were bleeding. My boobs were also extremely sore. I was also late but when your doctor tells you you aren't ovulating you don't question it. I peed on a stick and dead about to throw it away when I saw a second line!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I felt the implantation!!! How weird!
  • Options
    My boobs hurt so bad I didn't want my DH touching them for like a week. I was late for my period but usually am anyhow except that day I was super tired, about to have third cup of coffee and work out and I just couldn't stop thinking about how bad my boobs hurt! I took a test and decided on a nap instead of more coffee. ;)
  • Options
    I had cramps but no period. My periods were never regular and there wasn't really a way to know if I was late, but my boobs were huge! I was also an emotional nightmare, lol. I tested positive on Christmas morning, and had to keep it to myself in front of family all day.
  • Options
    I am a STM so I had similar symptoms. I had a miscarriage the previous August and recognized symptoms as well. I had also bought a box of tampons like 2 weeks before I found out and suddenly wondered why I hadn't needed them yet!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I had a feeling, after 3 months of trying and thinking I was pregnant because of symptoms. The month I got pregnant I had nothing no breast tenderness like months before no quezy feeling....it was totally opposite of what I thought I would feel like. I didn't test positive till 2 days after my missed period.
  • Options
    DH suggested I test when my peridot was a few days late before going to a Thanksgiving party where we would be drinking. Totally thought it would be negative because of all the PMS I was having - cramps, bloating, sore boobs, fatigue. Well it was positive and turns out those weren't PMS symptoms after all!!! I ended up being the designated driver that night...

• Options
    I had an iui but the doc said not to get my hopes up because it usually takes several cycles to conceive. Within a day or two of the iui anytime I would eat something I would feel stuffed after a few bites. I was hoping that was a good sign but also leery that it could have been a side effect of the meds. I took 2 pregnancy tests at home and they both showed positive. I was thrilled and super surprised because the doc made it seem like it was impossible to get pregnant on the first cycle.