November 2015 Moms
Options

Sea Band

I have literally tried everything to combat this nausea, but this Sea Band business is the most bogus of them all.

Re: Sea Band

• Options
    I have something that you have to try!  I have been seeing a nutritionist for the past two years or so.  I became very sick with mono a couple of years ago which led me to Karen Hurd so I could get on a diet to build my immune system.  It has been and amazing transformation.  The main component to her diet is to eat 1/2 cup of beans at every meal, with 5 oz. of protein ans a cup of veggies--oh and she says mayo is good for you!  Love it!  Anywho back to morning sickness.  When I became pregnant I contacted her.  She says that the cause of morning sickness is the excess bile production from the hormone.  Kind of like when you have the flu, and you don't have food in your stomach, just bile---yuck right?  Feels the same as morning sickness to me.  The trick is in the beans, beans are amazing.  They form and inseparable form with bile and expel it form your body.  No beans--the bile sticks around!  My last pregnancy I was morning sick at 3.6 weeks.  I'm 6 weeks now and have never really felt it.  Every in a while I will get that queasy feeling I eat my beans and its gone.  Here is Karen's website.  There are actually other women on her with testimonials about her "cure" for morning sickness.  Good luck and eat your beans!!

• Options
    https://www.karenhurd.com/pages/healthtopics/specifichealthconcerns/ht-shc-morningsickness.html  Not sure why the link isn't working, check our KarenHurd.com under the specific health concerns she has morning sickness listed!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lol! I literally just went out and picked up my sea band! It's just bogus??? Aww man! I have a script for Zofran, but I'm a little scared to take it. My old OBGYN wrote me the script because he has never heard of Diclegis. And my new OBGYN won't call anything in for me because my first appointment isn't until the 15th, so I'm not technically her patient yet.... I just heard mixed reviews about Zofran. I already have a special needs kid so I'm very anxious about my new bean.
  • Options
    My doc prescribed Diclegis for me, I was also nervous about Zofran because of all those scary lawsuit commercials! It's pretty expensive though if it isn't covered, she also said all it is is Unisom and B6 which can be purchased OTC so if I can't afford it I could always just combine the 2 OTC ingredients. Obviously talk to your doc before taking anything but perhaps this can be an option for you!I also have used the sea bands and found they kind of help (I don't know if some of that is placebo effect though ;) either way I will take it!)
  • Options
    Yeah, they only thing they did for me was make my wrist sore....was worth a shot though!!
  • Options
    Yea I have psi bands. Don't work for me and just feel like I watch so hate having on sleeping.
  • Options
    Try sucking on cape cod kettled salt and vinegar chips! It worked for me. Good luck!!
  • Options
    I've been using the unisom with vitamin B6 and it works well but only for days where you have time to sleep. It's effective but makes me drowsy that all I want to do is sleep. I have sea bands too, they are uncomfortable and have not made a noticeable difference. Hey, when you're desperate, you start trying anything. Lol.

FTM due 11/06/2015
    Married 09/21/2013
  • Options
    Peppermint candies!
  • Options
    I've been throwing up pretty much every day, I'm convinced these bands work every time I feel a little relief lol
  • Options
    Not sure if it's a placebo effect, but the sea band works for me. Not 100%, but enough that I have periods of no nausea as long as o make sure to have something in my stomach aya all times
  • Options
    I have a peppermint tea in the morning, not only drink it but breath in the vapour smell too. Completely took away my nausea all day :)
    BFP 03/02/15 // EDD 11/11/15 // MC 04/15/15
    If your a bird, I'm a bird.
  • Options
    I saw this thread and discovered my mom has a pair of sea bands I was able to try, they have helped incredibly! All day I have had minimal nausea. It took me about an hour to feel the full effect, but this is definitely the bed I've felt in weeks
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds crazy but warm lemonade and salt and vinegar potato chips.
  • Options
    I love mine! It's keeping me together! I've used it for like 2weeks now!
  • Options
    Someone told me to eat 20-30 grams of protein right before bed. I've been doing it the last two evenings, and it's really been helping!
  • Options
    Just got an essential oil inhaler called "Quease-Ease". Just twist open, take a few deep breaths and my nausea disappears!!! Highly recommend and one reusable stick can last 6 months. Here's the link to learn more :)https://soothing-scents.com
  • Options
    KatieSetlerKatieSetler member
    edited April 2015
    I've been ducking on peppermint or lemon candies to take the edge off. My truck (and our only transportation at the moment) doesn't have great shocks, so I get motion sick from that sometimes. I think I'll look into the Sea Band
    Baby number 1 on the way!
  • Options
    Vitamin B6 & lemonade!
  • Options

I have something that you have to try!  I have been seeing a nutritionist for the past two years or so.  I became very sick with mono a couple of years ago which led me to Karen Hurd so I could get on a diet to build my immune system.  It has been and amazing transformation.  The main component to her diet is to eat 1/2 cup of beans at every meal, with 5 oz. of protein ans a cup of veggies--oh and she says mayo is good for you!  Love it!  Anywho back to morning sickness.  When I became pregnant I contacted her.  She says that the cause of morning sickness is the excess bile production from the hormone.  Kind of like when you have the flu, and you don't have food in your stomach, just bile---yuck right?  Feels the same as morning sickness to me.  The trick is in the beans, beans are amazing.  They form and inseparable form with bile and expel it form your body.  No beans--the bile sticks around!  My last pregnancy I was morning sick at 3.6 weeks.  I'm 6 weeks now and have never really felt it.  Every in a while I will get that queasy feeling I eat my beans and its gone.  Here is Karen's website.  There are actually other women on her with testimonials about her "cure" for morning sickness.  Good luck and eat your beans!!

@jaiya09 - cape cod potatoe chips are my favorite!

@gvgauthi - nice! I'll look into that for sure. I got some peppermint and lavender from a friend that sells essential oils and it worked pretty well. Whoever, I washed the bottle she gave me and now all my cloths smell very peppermint-y.

@allinikr@gmail.com

Good tip! Thanks.

@collinsma22
    Thank you !! I will try this asap. Puked once today. So far, I still want to crawl in a hole and die. But I will take your advice.

@questisthebest - ok, so leave them on for awhile to get the affect... Gotcha. I felt as if it was too tight. And I have very small wrists.
  • Options

https://www.karenhurd.com/pages/healthtopics/specifichealthconcerns/ht-shc-morningsickness.html  Not sure why the link isn't working, check our KarenHurd.com under the specific health concerns she has morning sickness listed!

Extremely useful. Thank you !!!
  • Options

Lol! I literally just went out and picked up my sea band! It's just bogus??? Aww man! I have a script for Zofran, but I'm a little scared to take it. My old OBGYN wrote me the script because he has never heard of Diclegis. And my new OBGYN won't call anything in for me because my first appointment isn't until the 15th, so I'm not technically her patient yet.... I just heard mixed reviews about Zofran. I already have a special needs kid so I'm very anxious about my new bean.

I take Zofran.
    Not everyday - I have the same exact anxiety however my OB told me he gave it to his wife and that makes me feel better. Zofran works, if you can't keep fluids down its more beneficial for you to take it and be hydrated than not to ... Ya know?

I am going to try the "bean" diet as suggested above. There is a good article up there about why we are nauseated and how to understand it and find a remedy naturally.

Today - 100% nauseous, dry heaved this morning - nada. I'm going to the grocery to get beans the first chance I get. Haven't taken zofran today and I jut might have to... :(
  • Options

Yeah, they only thing they did for me was make my wrist sore....was worth a shot though!!

Same
  • Options
    Sea Band also makes a product called ginger gum. I use it when I feel like I'm about to get really sick and it works almost immediately. The downside is it only lasts for 10-15 minutes. But at least it gets me over that initial urge.
  • Options
    I just bought SeaBands today and they seem to be working for me. I actually enjoyed my dinner tonight and the constant nausea I've been experiencing has disappeared. Let's just hope they keep working....
  • Options

I take Zofran.
    Not everyday - I have the same exact anxiety however my OB told me he gave it to his wife and that makes me feel better. Zofran works, if you can't keep fluids down its more beneficial for you to take it and be hydrated than not to ... Ya know?

I am going to try the "bean" diet as suggested above. There is a good article up there about why we are nauseated and how to understand it and find a remedy naturally.

Today - 100% nauseous, dry heaved this morning - nada. I'm going to the grocery to get beans the first chance I get. Haven't taken zofran today and I jut might have to... :(

DON'T TAKE ZOFRAN! THERE ARE A LOT OF COURT CASES AGAINST IT BECAUSE IT'S CAUSED SIDE EFFECTS SUCH AS CLEFT LIP CLEFT PALATE AND HEART DEFFECTS :(
  • Options
    Is it ok to leave the sea band on all day and night? It seems like it helps! I left it on all night the other night, and woke up less nauseous. I get deep grooves in my wrist so I take it off for a while. Anyone know of negative side effects for long term use?
  • Options

I take Zofran.

DON'T TAKE ZOFRAN! THERE ARE A LOT OF COURT CASES AGAINST IT BECAUSE IT'S CAUSED SIDE EFFECTS SUCH AS CLEFT LIP CLEFT PALATE AND HEART DEFFECTS :(
    Oh lord. The caps isn't necessary. Reminds me of my grandma when she discovered email. You're acting like I'm drinking a 5th of Jack Daniels a day.

Point is I trust my OB 100%. Contrary to your commercial/Google based education the risk isn't great enough to not take it. I don't immediately trust some attorney trying to get rich quick in some poorly done commercial. The commercials you are referring to are made by attorneys not doctors. Ask your doctor if you think I'm nuts.

I do agree there is a slight risk involved, however I've done my fair share of research. The benefits outweigh the cost in my case. If I can't keep food, prenatals or fluids down - it's worth it. If baby can't get sustenance then we have a way bigger problem on our hands than a cleft lip.

Just ask your doctor his/her take on Zofran. Stay off google and turn the boob tube off and read a handy dandy hardback. Very beneficial for me. I struggle with keeping my bum off webMD so I get it. It's hard not to want quick answers to our anxiety, fears and struggles. But that's why we pay doctors and health insurance for... Right?
  • Options

Is it ok to leave the sea band on all day and night? It seems like it helps! I left it on all night the other night, and woke up less nauseous. I get deep grooves in my wrist so I take it off for a while. Anyone know of negative side effects for long term use?

I don't like the indentations it makes either. Makes me feel fatter than I already am...
  • Options
    I am seriously amazed!!! I bought sea bands yesterday. I feel wonderful this morning- no nausea, gagging, throwing up.... I was actually able to enjoy my breakfast! I'm telling you- it's worth a shot! I was so skeptical at first, but they're really helping me.
  • Options

I take Zofran.

Oh lord. The caps isn't necessary. Reminds me of my grandma when she discovered email. You're acting like I'm drinking a 5th of Jack Daniels a day.

Point is I trust my OB 100%. Contrary to your commercial/Google based education the risk isn't great enough to not take it. I don't immediately trust some attorney trying to get rich quick in some poorly done commercial. The commercials you are referring to are made by attorneys not doctors. Ask your doctor if you think I'm nuts.

I do agree there is a slight risk involved, however I've done my fair share of research. The benefits outweigh the cost in my case. If I can't keep food, prenatals or fluids down - it's worth it. If baby can't get sustenance then we have a way bigger problem on our hands than a cleft lip.

Just ask your doctor his/her take on Zofran. Stay off google and turn the boob tube off and read a handy dandy hardback. Very beneficial for me. I struggle with keeping my bum off webMD so I get it. It's hard not to want quick answers to our anxiety, fears and struggles. But that's why we pay doctors and health insurance for... Right?
    I took Zofran with 2 of my pregnancies and they are just fine. All medication comes with risk... so does walking out your front door. I agree with ^ if you trust your on and they prescribe it then take it. This country is always looking for reasons to sue.