Parenting after 35

Yay for slack mom (me)!!

edited April 2015 in Parenting after 35
My DD1 has finally pooped on the potty!! She's 3 and 1 month and has been peeing on the potty/wearing panties for a while, but was always scared to go #2. Well yeaterday I was stuck on the couch pumping and she suddenly had to go but she was bare-bottomed (splashed water on herself just before and stripped herself naked, weird kid, and I haven't had time to get her new clothes).
She goes 'I need a pullup!! I have to poop!' She always asks for a pullup to do it in. And I was stuck so I said 'I can't do it. But if you poop on the floor (which she has done before...) you will be in so much trouble with me!! Go sit on the potty and see. Maybe it will come out'. She fussed for a but but then went and sat and sure enough she was able to do it! And then later in the pm she had to go again and asked for a pullup but I yanked her pants off and said 'On the potty now!' and she went again!! So awesome!

Not bad for a super slacker mom who hasn't read any potty training books or advice, had zero plans figured out and delayed it all as long as possible huh? It totally happened on its own when the kid was ready.

Yay me! :)

Re: Yay for slack mom (me)!!

• Way to go mom+D! I hope to have such luck a couple of years down the line.
  • That's awesome! We had our first potty-training win last night and weren't trying. DS is 22 months and obsessed with toilets, thanks to seeing bigger kids get potty-trained at daycare. We think he's too young to start training and we especially weren't going to bother with the newborn on her way.

Last night, he was stark naked and getting in the tub. As usual, he saw the training potty chair and asked to sit. As usual, we let him. And then he peed in it. It was a total surprise to us.I think it was a surprise to him too. But we gave him a jelly bean for the effort.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Loading the player...
  • Yay for pooping on the potty!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker