July 2015 Moms
Options

GTKY : Where in the world....

Re: GTKY : Where in the world....

• Options

I'm from the Canadian prairies. I feel you ladies with the crazy weather...using A/C and heat in the same day is pretty common. Our summers get crazy hot and our winters get insanely cold (-45*C is pretty common in winter). A random about Canada is that we have polar bears (way up north). And poutine really is awesome! Has anyone heard of the tv show Corner Gas? It was filmed on the prairies. :)

I love poutine! Its been one of my pregnancy cravings. :)
  • Options
    SanineSanine member
    edited April 2015
    NittanyPA said:

I'm from the Canadian prairies. I feel you ladies with the crazy weather...using A/C and heat in the same day is pretty common. Our summers get crazy hot and our winters get insanely cold (-45*C is pretty common in winter). A random about Canada is that we have polar bears (way up north). And poutine really is awesome! Has anyone heard of the tv show Corner Gas? It was filmed on the prairies. :)

Canada! Cool! The fact that you have polar bears is even more cool! What is poutine? I've never heard of that show but it sounds interesting to look into. I've wanted to visit Canada ever since we went to the NY side of Niagra Falls a few years ago. Everyone says how much better is it! I shouldn't have let my passport expire after getting married, because we've had so many chances to go.

I went to Niagara Falls Canadian side in 2004, before passports were required to go to Canada. Its so pretty. I could see both the American falls and Canadian falls from the hotel I stayed at. If you ever get the chance, you should go.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@gotdiesel2007 my.husband is stationed out there. I'll be moving out there some time but you never know dealing with the military. Where do you live? I can't stand the traffic and homeless there. I think I'm not going to like it there .

I'm from Atlanta, GA in the US. Love being from the dirty south and am definitely a southern belle. Here you can get all 4 seasons In one week! In the Spring we get more inches of pollen a day than we do snow in a year. A lot of famous people live here and a lot of shows and movies are taped here. I love my city. If you've never been here, yoy need to come.

I live in Pearl City in housing. It's quiet and secluded but if I has to pick any housing it would be Ford Island, AMR or NCTAMS. At three years now and I'm ready to leave. Only so much you can do on an island.
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• Options
    I am from SE Michigan as well!  @Sanine - did you know that if you get the MI enhanced license you are able to travel to Canada?? They're more expensive than the regular licenses, but it allows you to cross the border without having a passport!

Fun fact about where I live is that Kid Rock owns a home in my town =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @stormyyautumn I will look into that. :)
  • Options
    I'm in Louisville, Kentucky. Born and raised. We invented bourbon. For the longest time we were the only people allowed to call it bourbon. We are very into our horse races. We have a city wide 2 week long party (including a huge firework show by the river) for a 2 minute horse race. Lol. Oh and also kfc. Kentucky Fried Chicken. His (colonel sanders) headquarters is stationed here. Pretty cool. =)
  • Options
    abrinley said:

I'm in Louisville, Kentucky. Born and raised. We invented bourbon. For the longest time we were the only people allowed to call it bourbon. We are very into our horse races. We have a city wide 2 week long party (including a huge firework show by the river) for a 2 minute horse race. Lol. Oh and also kfc. Kentucky Fried Chicken. His (colonel sanders) headquarters is stationed here. Pretty cool. =)

I just started to get into horse racing like two years ago. Have you ever gone to the Kentucky Derby? I have a few friends here who are die hard. They have parties from sun up to sun down on the day of the race and we bet like crazy. I don't know what I'm doing yet so I don't bet too much. Lol.
  • Options
    Born and raised in Arizona...It's hot, and awful in the summer, but Winter is pretty nice. Some people say "you get used to the heat" and they are liars, you never get used to it...it's hot as balls every year!
  • Options
    I live in Ontario, Canada near Lake Erie. If I'm on the beach at night and the sky is clear I can see lights over on the states side
  • Options
    Ontario Canada
  • Options
    @gotdiesel2007 good to know. We will be living on AMR. All his friends recommended that for us.
  • Options
    Maine, the home of snow and lobster!! :D
  • Options
    I'm from South East London, England. Reading where you are all from is making me so jealous and giving me Wanderlust! I love America, it is my favourite place in the World! I've only been to Orlando Florida (3 times), New York, & Memphis & Nashville Tennessee but I just absolutely love the USA and there are so many places I would love to visit x
  • Options
    Although I have to say I love London it is an amazing city
  • Options
    jessieclb said:

Although I have to say I love London it is an amazing city

**Stuck in quote box**

I have a co worker visiting London as we speak! Her daughter is studying abroad there! I cant wait until she comes back and shares pictures.

• Options
    San Diego, CA. Do NOT say "whales vagina"
  • Options

I live in Ontario, Canada near Lake Erie. If I'm on the beach at night and the sky is clear I can see lights over on the states side

Grew up in Erie!
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• Options
    United States, South Dakota-Born & Raised. Great Faces Great Places? But its mostly pretty boring state, I do love it though. We are literally only known for Mt. Rushmore, and I live on the complete opposite end of the state in east South Dakota so were just the prairies over here :) 
  • Options
    @CKorines I was born and raised outside of Danbury, CT, where OITNB supposedly takes place, and now I'm living in NJ!
  • Options
    So cool! I'm an NJ girl at heart. Born and raised in Bergen county. Do you love it?
  • Options
    I do love it bc I live in a great neighborhood, we are in bc! Harrington Park, which is a lovely town to own a house in. I don't think I could live outside of Bergen... Too congested. I do wish to be closer to my family, especially now that the baby is coming. We are thinking about moving to upper Westchester next year, but I really don't want to leave my job!
  • Options
    I'm in Australia, grew up in Sydney - and now live in the hunter valley.. All vineyards etc. it's pretty, safe and no traffic, but I often drive back to Sydney for some serious shopping
  • Options
    @audi681 STOP! I got married in HP (our lady of victories church) grew up in river vale, and am delivering at valley hospital. What a small world!
  • Options
    Jessika54Jessika54 member
    edited April 2015
    SE Idaho!
  • Options
    London Ontario Canada. We liked England so much we named our towns, rivers and counties after them. Surrounded by three Great Lakes means we get some dramatic weather...especially big dumps of snow off the lake in winter. Enduring a long winter right now. Someone didn't get the memo its Spring!
  • Options
    That is great! I love this area... so safe and quiet. I am about 600 feet from that church! I was going to deliver at Valley (bc I love their love of all things holistic), but had a hard time finding an OB that I liked because I am not from around here, so I had no word of mouth recommendations. Since I teach in Little Ferry, I had a slew of recs for Hackensack. We decided to deliver there!
  • Options
    For what it's worth, in the future-my OB is dr. Dicker in Westwood. He is absolutely a-maz-ing. We LOVE him. His office delivered my first daughter at valley. And I'm planning on doing the holistic thing with my second girl too. Valley has this new holistic center that I want to try. But my best friend delivered at Hackensack and it's amazing too. You are in good hands!
  • Options
    Good ole West by God Virginia, USA.
  • Options
    I'm from Jerseyyyyyy! Essex county to be exact
  • Options
    GA Peach
  • Options
    U.S. here. Boise, Idaho to be specific. Interesting fact, potatoes are not the only thing here. Boise itself reminds me of Portland/Austin but smaller. We are also one of the cities in the U.S. that have numerous organizations that relocate refugees.
  • Options
    USA..... Dallas, orehon to be exact. The goodies was filmed about 2 hours from me and one flew over the coocoos nest was filmed right here in Salem :-)
  • Options
    NittanyPA said:

Canada! Cool! The fact that you have polar bears is even more cool! What is poutine? I've never heard of that show but it sounds interesting to look into. I've wanted to visit Canada ever since we went to the NY side of Niagra Falls a few years ago. Everyone says how much better is it! I shouldn't have let my passport expire after getting married, because we've had so many chances to go.
    Poutine is fries covered in cheese curds (balls of cheese essentially) and gravy. The hot gravy melts the cheese, it's amazing!!!
  • Options

USA..... Dallas, orehon to be exact. The goodies was filmed about 2 hours from me and one flew over the coocoos nest was filmed right here in Salem :-)

* Oregon * goonies......... Love auto correct
  • Options
    I'm from rural Iowa! We are finally starting to have some spring-like weather. The farmers are all getting antsy to start planting. I lived in Des Moines for a while which I loved, but now I'm back on the farm :) I actually love small town living, even though they made it look pretty sad on the most recent season of The Bachelor! I live probably 2 hours away from where he lives, but it is basically the same here! Our town is a little bigger at 1000 but still no stop lights or anything like that. ;)
  • Options
    Georgia Peach, I live in the city that's home to the Masters Golf Tournament which starts in three days... apparently it's the only thing this town is really known for. We also have the biggest cyber command for the Army at Fort Gordon. I am working during the tournament this year and the only good thing is the money, I will be able to make some big baby purchases! :)
  • Options
    Another Southern Belle here. Born in Arkansas, moved to Tennessee when I was 23 and been here ever since. Desperately trying to move to Texas this year though. If I weren't having a baby I would consider moving NY or LA instead but I will have to conquer that in a later life.
  • Options
    Nebraska here. Truthfully, I can't think of anything right now to tell you about it. I love that we have 4 seasons. Yesterday it was in the 80's and today it's 35 degrees so you never know what the next day will be like :)
  • Options
    You know I've been here my whole life and never once attended the derby. We've always had huge house parties and bet there. Which is still fun to me. =P
  • Options
    Long Island here- though I've been up and down the east coast all my life. One thing for sure is that there aren't as many stereotypical people here as you see on the tv.