October 2015 Moms
Options

11 weeks pregnant and have still not gained weight.

amandagrideramandagrider member
edited April 2015 in October 2015 Moms
I have not even gained a pound yet at 11 weeks. Wanted to check if others have experienced this.
I have had really bad morning sickness, and this could be a big reason.
I'm not expecting to gain a ton of weight , but thought I would have at least put a pound on. In fact I have lost half a pound.

FTM so of course I am questioning everything! Haha

Re: 11 weeks pregnant and have still not gained weight.

• Options
    It's okay.  I'm 13 weeks and haven't gained anything. The OB wasn't concerned at my 12 weeks appointment. I think it's normal during the first trimester.
  • Options
    I am also 11 weeks and lost 3 pounds. :( Can't seem to eat much. I try to eat as much as I can throughout the day, but nothing tastes good. I threw up only a handful of time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Its normal not to gain, or even lose in the first trimester. We will all make up for it in the upcoming trimesters. :)
  • Options
    I have lost 8 lbs and I'm 10 weeks 5 days ! I figure I'll start gaining weight back towards the last trimester but my doctor said I was fine I guess because I was 182 and 5'5 so I guess its better this way! I've been eating well for the last 2 weeks when I say well I mean not barfing lolz really small meals in the am and mid day and then at night I can't eat after 7 if I do I'll have a bad tummy!

• Options
    I will be 13 weeks Saturday. And I've gained 1 pound. I'm a little overweight to begin with. But with my first I gained weight super fast.
  • Options
    I'm down 10 pounds and 13w5d. I'm not worried about but my doctor isn't thrilled.

I'm not overweight either, 5-11 and 169 pounds.
  • Options
    I am experiencing the same thing. I am usually very active but I have not had much of an appetite or energy this first semester. My doctor was not concerned. I am sure the weight gain will come once my appetite returns.
  • Options
    13.2 weeks and I've lost 1 pound. This is my second pregnancy. I lost weight my first trimester, first pregnancy as well. It's funny what happens when you stop drinking wine :) Don't worry, you'll catch up real fast in the second trimester.
  • Options
    I'm 13 weeks and lost 8 lbs so far and constantly been loosing about .5/week. OB is not concerned but I am very active and eat healthy. I'm 5'5" and 156. I can afford to lose a few pounds and have been losing over the last year so my body is just on track. LO is doing great and starting to pop out a tad!!!
  • Options
    It's normal... I'm 13w 4d and lost 5lbs then gained 4 back, so actually I've lost a 1lb and kept it off. I'm not huge, but plus sized, so I'm glad about it!
  • Options
    Thank you all. This makes me feel much better!
  • Options
    Same story! And, I stopped working out and eating as well as I typically do during the past several weeks - too tired and just willing to eat anything if it sounds good at the time. I haven't gained at all, even though I can tell difference in the way my body looks. Maybe cutting out the booze had an effect? Ha!
  • Options
    I lost six pounds, I'm 14 weeks tomorrow. The doctor said it's normal and it's also my first. My appetite has just now come back so has my energy so I'll be back in the gym this weekend
  • Options
    Natcat509Natcat509 member
    edited April 2015
    Don't worry,. I didn't start gaining weight with my son until I was 15 weeks but I am a TALL 5'11. I gained a healthy 33 pounds with him so don't stress.
  • Options
    However :) If you are a small-to-medium framed women you may want to consult your doctor to be safe. See attached weight chart.

• Options
    I haven't had any MS and still haven't gained a pound at 14 weeks tomorrow. But I started on the chubby side so looks like baby is absorbing my reserves lol
  • Options
    I've lost 4 lbs so far. My doctor isn't worried and told me it's normal to lose a little weight, especially with nausea and MS. I just hit week 10 today, and I've actually been feeling pretty decent this week! Fingers crossed I'm done with the whole nausea thing!
  • Options
    I lost 5 lbs and I'm 12 weeks. I've only gained one pound back. The OB says that the next 3 months will be when the weight will start to pile on. I don't have a bump yet either.
  • Options
    I'm at 10.5 weeks and I've lost about three pounds. Doctor says not to worry as that's isn't out of the ordinary. I have a friend who had such severe morning sickness that she actually list 15 pounds during her first trimester and she now has a beautiful, healthy 9 year old daughter.
  • Options
    Be happy you haven't lost, with my daughter I lost 30 lbs in the first trimester. The doctors were concerned but luckily I gained just fine after. It's because the morning sickness was so bad.
  • Options
    I am now 13 weeks and at my 12 week appointment I was down 10lbs. And my doctor was not concerned. I'm sure you are fine. :)
  • Options
    I'm nearly 14 weeks with twins. At my almost 13 week appointment I had actually lost weight. The doctor was not alarmed. My appetite had decreased quite a bit in the first trimester. It's back now, so hopefully I start gaining appropriately. If you have concerns just ask your doctor :)
  • Options
    Last pregnancy I didn't gain anything until about halfway through. This time I started out heavier and feel like I've already gained a few (didn't weigh myself before getting pregnant so don't really know). I think it might be bloat though at this point...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"