Two Under 2

Intro-- very nervous!

Hey ladies!  Excited and terrified to be hopping on this board...  Just found out this week that #3 is on the way!  DS will be 3yo and DD will be almost 15mo when LO comes the last week of November.  If it matters, this was not planned, as I was advised to wait at least 9 months before trying. I am really nervous about nursing my (now) 7-month-old while pregnant, as I have had awful nausea/vomiting with my first two pregnancies, and adequate nutrition has been an issue both times. (I am allergic to many vitamin supplements, including anything with folic acid in it.)  I know I need to hydrate and get enough iron, but any other tips?

Also, I am nervous about judge-y people, both family and the general public. My in-laws will not be happy to hear that we are pregnant again, and everyone I meet in public has to comment on how my hands must be "so full" with two kids. Have you ladies experienced this at all? Any advice for handling the comments? We are keeping this quiet as long as we can, but it won't be long before I start showing and the secret is blown.

Thanks, y'all!

Re: Intro-- very nervous!

• @gracefula - congratulations! I am due the 30th with baby #3, DD will be 3 in August, DS is 16mos. I've heard the negative comments from my own family and seen the shock on strangers faces and answered the "are you crazy?!" Question too many times. Stay strong, hold your ground. Even if the doc told you to wait, I would keep that to yourself- especially in front of the skeptics. My pregnancies were planned this close as we waited till I was almost 30 to start and may want a 4th child and prefer to have them before I am 35. I don't have any breastfeeding tips for you, as I didn't produce any milk with my first and didn't try after that, you may want to try the breastfeeding board for that. Good Luck!
  • We are mostly browsing this group right now as we are planning for our next child, which will be 2 under 2, but just had to comment because we entirely relate to the in-laws not being happy about the next. My in-laws continue to say things like "We're all done with grandbabies now. No more" and "Nobody needs another baby" and so on & so forth. We have explicitly said we will be having another if at all possible, we know we want more than one child (both come from sibsets) and they continue to say things like that. A lot of our family & friends say the same things and I'm glad to know we're not the only ones.
  • Loading the player...
  • "Tough action" to your family. ;) what are you going to do? Put it back?!

For the health of all it might be best if you stop breastfeeding. Have you asked a dr? You've made it to 6 months. That's pretty good. You're probably starting solids now and need to taker down anyway. (No bf experience btw!)

Get a city select stroller! You can get a foot board for your 3 yo. It has room for a car seat & your 15 month old can have a seat.

I have kids 14 months apart. It tough.