TTC After a Loss
Options

TTC After Natural Miscarriage

Hello everyone.

I had a natural miscarriage at 6 weeks last week Sat 21 (baby stopped growing at 5weeks 1 day) and bleeding lasted until Thur 26 with no cramps so me and my boyfriend had sex that same day. Today, Tues 31st, I have had sore breasts and VERY MILD cramping on the sides of my uterus, and I feel completely exhausted. Pretty much how I felt before I got my BFP. I heard that it can take up to 2 weeks after to ovulate but I think I ovulated after the bleeding stopped. Anything is possible but I think that it is just my body getting back to it's normal rhythm. Did anyone else here got a BFP right after a miscarriage? I honestly don't know what's up with me. I took a test yesterday cause I wanted to make sure my hormones was out and it indeed came back negative. I've had sex with my partner twice already this weekend... Any thoughts about what's going on?

Re: TTC After Natural Miscarriage

• Options
    Unfortunately, no one can truly offer insight into what is going on in your body right now. The negative HPT at least indicates that your HCG levels have fallen close to, if not already, zero. For the next few months, you should anticipate large irregularities in your cycle, both in terms of timing and in terms of sensations or 'symptoms' if you will. Your body may return to normal very swiftly (1-2 cycles), or take longer. Your body may abandon the past and find a new 'normal', completely changing what your cycle used to be.

What you heard about it taking up to 2 weeks after a loss to ovulate is absolutely inaccurate. Once your HCG level hits zero, most people will ovulate two weeks later from that point, but not all, and it can take some women many weeks or even many months. Be sure to stay in touch with your doctor and take their advice. However, if you approach 60 days from loss without your period returning, it is a very good idea to give your doc a call to let them know. Some docs will want to start testing then, other may want to wait an additional month or two before running a few tests.

I am sorry for your loss.

All advice given based on lengthy personal experience.

I am not a doctor, I just have a working medical vocabulary.

Always available to answer questions about loss, infertility, and TRP.

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"