September 2015 Moms
Options

September Noelle - thoughts

Hi all! My husband and I always said if we had a daughter we would name her Noelle. I find that name absolutely beautiful. BUT I'm worried about people thinking it's weird to have a September Noelle and not winter/Christmas. I would LOVE to hear your thoughts. Names are a big deal!

Re: September Noelle - thoughts

• Options
    I love that name- regardless of month.
  • Options
    Nobody cares if a June was born in June or August in August. I say name your baby girl Noelle if it is the name you love!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it's a beautiful name no matter what month! And if you are like me the baby was probably conceived around the holidays anyways lol! You can always tell people that if they get annoying about it and I'm sure that will shut them up!!
  • Options
    By the way- my name means "christmas child" and I have NEVER been asked if I was born in December. I was born in July...
  • Options
    Love that name! It's on our short list :)
  • Options
    I have a christmas name and was born in May. Around christmas each year I always get a few patients who ask if I was a Christmas baby. It doesn't bother me though. Noelle is a beautiful name, and if you both love it, I say go with it
  • Options
    Do it, I love Noelle and I don't think it matters about the month.
  • Options
    I think it's just a name regardless of the month.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's a beautiful name and I would never give a thought about it having to do with what month she was born. My name means Christmas too--Natalie. :)
  • Options
    I love that name!! It's actually o. Our list too! :)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Options

I love the name Noelle also and do not think it's weird to name her that even though she is born in September. I actually think it's kind of weird when people name their kids something "Christmas-y" when they are born around/on Christmas. Takes away from the name and makes the kid part of a holiday theme or something lol 

disclaimer- please don't take that wrong if your name is Noelle and born on Christmas
    My birthday is on Christmas Day and everyone kept telling my mom to name me things like Christine or Noelle or whatever. I'm really glad she stuck with Sarah!
  • Options
    It's a beautiful name.. Actually the middle name we've chosen for our girl (if she's a girl.. Marcella Noelle, we'll call her Marcy). If you love it, use it, regardless of her birthday!
  • Options
    I'm a Noelle, born in December. I don't think it's weird to have a September Noelle if you like the name. A couple precautions you may want to consider: no one will ever spell her name right or pronounce it right, she will always have the christmas song sung to her when people hear her name the first time, and this may not be an issue since Nicole isn't as popular anymore, but people always call me Nicole. I like my name as an adult because it's unique, but there were plenty of times I disliked it growing up.
  • Options
    Most September babies were conceived in December so it makes perfect sense! And it's a beautiful name
  • Options
    @bouncypigeon I'm a natalie too and love my name
  • Options
    I love the name Noelle! It's a family name for me, but spelled Noel (technically Noël but most people have dropped the accent). If we have a girl, we are planning on Noel as the middle name :)
  • Options
    My best friends name is Summer and she was born in January. No one will probably ever think about that to be honest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"