November 2015 Moms
Options

Excruciating Back Pain

Im 8w3d and have excruciating back pain mostly in my lower back. It feels like a pinched nerve but it's kinda on the left side of my back. Someone said its the start of a miscarriage. I've had no spotting no cramping and the pain comes and goes...what gives? I get my ultrasound on Thursday and now I'm hoping for everything to be ok with Baby Pullie.

Re: Excruciating Back Pain

• Options
    That doesn't sound like a miscarriage. It just sounds like you hurt your back. Hope you feel better!

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Options
    Thank you! I would think I would know since this is my second time around but each pregnancy is different. I'm taking that I'm chasing after a 2 yr old which puts strain on my back.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I read the comment on this article and thought it may be what's happening with me. I was surprised it could happen this early in pregnancy but it really explains a lot
    https://m.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/index.php?/topic/455080-pinched-nerve-in-lower-backbottom-area/
  • Options
    Could it be sciatica? Mine was bad in the first tri with my first
  • Options
    @Cardiganmom2 that's what I am thinking. My bestie has 2 little ones and she said excruciating back pain is normal. Whatever it is needs to chill! Lol this stuff hurts
  • Options
    I had sciatica before I found out I was pregnant and now that I'm pregnant it has gotten much worse!! The chiropractor helps so much with it for me.
  • Options
    Thanks @AmyReneT, that makes perfect sense! New symptoms every day suck, but I am glad to know it's just the pelvis making room for baby!
  • Options
    I had it over the weekend. I'm a physical therapist, as is my husband, so we fixed it, but it took 2 days. Ouch!!! Wish you luck, sounds musculoskeletal - sciatica or lumbar spine pain.
  • Options
    I had horrible back pain with my first pregnancy and now this one too. Ironically, the only pregnancy I didn't have it with, was the one I miscarried. For me it only lasts about a week or two, but it is quite bad, and even walking is painful let alone picking up a 24lv baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ellie I have that same exact problem!!! In the same spot!!! I came back from a run and it just hit me! That's exactly how I feel! I really hope it's no sign of miscarriage! I'll cry!
  • Options
    I had the same thing for the past 2 days. I was worried that it was a kidney infection but I'm pretty sure that it's just a muscle acting up. It hurt like hell today.
  • Options
    Same here lower back pain thought it was kidney infection but once my husband rubs it it kinda goes away but when like this off on two weeks but different new because my other two kids I didn't feel this way so early
  • Options
    Thank you for posting this! Today my lower back has been in spasms periodically. I also feel extra bloated and constipated so my belly is like pushing out. I'm pretty sure that doesn't help my posture. I seriously hope this isn't a preview of the next 7 months, because if so I'm scared.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Find a good chiropractor. One that's trained to work with pregnant women.
    I could barely walk last pregnancy from back and sciatic nerve pain until I started going to the chiropractor twice a week. It helped so much.
  • Options
    Try physical therapy...after 6-10 visits you don't have to return. Saves money and teaches you to fix it yourself. : )
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I really think it's just back pain no miscarriage. It just hurts really bad almost like the pain in radiating to my butt cheek! Tmi but hey if my cheeks didn't do anything to my back leave them alone! Lol
  • Options
    I believe it is one symptom people can get in the first tri. Get yourself a magic bean bag and put your feet up!! Xo feel better soon
  • Options
    I have a lower back herniated disc and sciatica ..recently it's been under control after PT as of January but this last week (7 weeks) it's gotten really bad ..shooting pain from there to my legs when walking or laying down. I'm afraid it will just consistently remain like this throughout the pregnancy but also don't know why all of a sudden this week it hurts more than it has in a while
  • Options
    I thought it was that but they said I pinched a nerve in my back before pregnancy and because it will require surgery because it's sooo bad...I have to wait till the baby is here but I knew I hurt my back after my accident but I didn't realize it was that bad..thankfully I wasn't pregnant yet..they are afraid I will be in a wheel chair by the end of my pregnancy...
  • Options
    I had very bad back pain with my first pregnancy and already started so I am going to physical therapy I went with the first and it helps tremendously just teaching you exercises and stretches hopefully it will give you some relief and hopefully it will give me some relief the second time around
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"