September 2015 Moms

Breastfeed and or Formula

Would it effect my baby if i breastfeed for a couple of months maybe like the first month or 2 then switch to the formula? :-?

Re: Breastfeed and or Formula

• No, it shouldn't affect the baby. That's what formula is made for :)  When you switch over though, I'd try to mix breast milk with the formula to make the switch easier on baby's tummy (1 or 2 oz of breast milk with 1 or 2 ounces of formula) - just like you would normally do when switching them from breast milk or formula to cow's milk. I was only able to breastfeed for a month with DD because I didn't produce enough milk to keep going and my doctor told me that the first month of breast milk is very beneficial for the baby so he was happy that I was able to breast feed her for that month. However, breast milk is a lot cheaper than formula (obviously) so if I were you, I'd keep the baby on breast milk for as long as you can!
  • @nikkidavis421 Oh okay thank you i was just thinking if i should do that but ill stick to breastfeeding for a while lol most likely ill pump...because that is so true my milk is way cheaper then buying formula all the time why not use my milk for as long as i can, Thank you so much....BREAST MILK IT IS!! :D
  • Loading the player...
  • It's worth trying out BFing, if it works for you its a ton cheaper, with benefits for baby too! A lot of people struggle, but you could be lucky-never know til you try. I had committed to try 6 weeks EBF with #1, and after the first 2 weeks (shallow latch was painful until corrected) we had a pretty easy go. We made it to 6 months EBF, and she self weaned at 26 mo.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"