September 2015 Moms
Options

OB Questions

Every time I go see my doctor she asks if I have any questions. I feel like it's on the spot and I can't ever think of anything off the top of my head, which makes me feel like I am forgetting something important! What are some questions you ladies ask your OB that you think are important?!

Re: OB Questions

• Options
    I normally just ask my OB what will take place at the next appointment; I don't usually have many questions either, but I've done a lot of reading and talked with friends who have had babies recently, so I feel pretty prepared! I did ask my OB about breastfeeding pumps and how that works with my insurance; I found out through her that she will issue me a prescription at the hospital and they'll give me an electric pump at the hospital through the prescription, so I thought that was helpful to know! (I know some insurance companies will send you one in advance, but mine requires a prescription.) I'm sure I'll have more questions once my due date gets closer though! For now, it's pretty smooth sailing!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been asking about water birth since that is our birth plan. I keep thinking up more questions about it. I also ask her questions about the working conditions since I work in a greenhouse with chemicals and I get a lot of sun. At my apt on Wednesday I'm going to talk to her about my lack of sleep and newly developed gag reflex when I bursh my teeth.
  • Options
    With #1 I worked with my OB and felt silly asking questions. Realized in labour I hadn't even discussed my birth plan yet, among many other things. This time I'm in a new area and have never been to the hospital where I'll deliver. I have a big list of things I need to know (routine procedures, her thoughts on my birth plan requests, when she wants me to go to the hospital, etc) and I ask 1-2 questions a week so that I'm not hogging her time asking everything at 34w.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"