June 2015 Moms
Options

The trolls are fierce!!

Dang?! What is wrong with all the trolling pages on facebook?! 

Has anyone seen this? It can't be real, right? I mean no one can be this ignorant?!

https://www.facebook.com/DotNDv2.0?fref=photo

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Re: The trolls are fierce!!

• Options
    I saw that this morning! I've never seen anything more offensive in my life. The c-section one was especially awful, IMO. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Link is broken, what's it about?
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    www.facebook.com/DotNDv2.0?fref=photo < try this one - I was able to open it without the https:// part

If you can't open it, it's a page for some cult looking Christian sect that is all about natural birth, but goes WAY too extreme. The post that I found offensive basically said that no woman should have a c-section and that if you can't have a natural labor, then God wants you to die and you should just accept that. 

I find it horrifying. 
  • Options
    Wow. What a terrible group. Not just the natural birthing stuff, but did you see the image for the 'proper' role of women? Just... Terrible. I'm literally horrified speechless
  • Options
    mellymar said:

Wow. What a terrible group. Not just the natural birthing stuff, but did you see the image for the 'proper' role of women? Just... Terrible. I'm literally horrified speechless

Yeah, that made me mad too! I knew there were extremists out there but I didn't realize the extent of people's bigotry... geez. Makes me grateful that I don't personally know anyone like this - or if I do they are wise enough to keep their mouths shut!
  • Options
    Here are some of their pictures...

• Options
    And another

• Options
    I just feel like no one can really think that right?! I mean you have to be some sort of uneducated, ignorant, person to really feel that way.

• Options

I just feel like no one can really think that right?! I mean you have to be some sort of uneducated, ignorant, person to really feel that way.

I mean the fact that the page exists and has over 3000 likes suggests that there are some people out there who are in agreement - which is totally shocking and, again, horrifying to me.
  • Options
    My hubby actually had someone share an image off of this site - he saw it in passing off of his fb feed. When I showed him the page in total disbelief he was like - wait a minute! I just passed one of these! We went back thru his feed to find who shared it, and why. Thankfully it was someone who was saying that they obviously didn't have what it took.
  • Options
    mellymar said:

My hubby actually had someone share an image off of this site - he saw it in passing off of his fb feed. When I showed him the page in total disbelief he was like - wait a minute! I just passed one of these! We went back thru his feed to find who shared it, and why. Thankfully it was someone who was saying that they obviously didn't have what it took.

Yeah the person who I saw that shared it was actually someone who had had a c section and was justifiably livid. I still just can't believe there are people out there saying and supporting this kind of thing! And so many of them!
  • Options
    Blows my kind how people can be so hateful
  • Options
    Frogger5 said:

It's such an odd thing to choose to get all worked up about. If you're going to put that much energy into something, why not have it be childhood poverty, or food insecurity, or access to health care? Bizarre. I couldn't see the page, but maybe it's not real, and the likes are from women who have had vag births and liked it without actually looking at the page. Like someone shared a picture and it wasn't really offensive. Maybe?

I scrolled through it and unfortunately every single one is offensive in some way. Most are about how if you don't have a natural birth you're going to hell but there are others about how wrong it is for women to work and that parents should be ashamed if their teenage daughters get pregnant. It's just a huge judgmental mess.
  • Options
    I wouldn't even entertain it. No way in hell someone with a brain believes that.
  • Options
    People make me sick! ugh
    Pregnancy Ticker    

• Options

www.facebook.com/DotNDv2.0?fref=photo < try this one - I was able to open it without the https:// part

If you can't open it, it's a page for some cult looking Christian sect that is all about natural birth, but goes WAY too extreme. The post that I found offensive basically said that no woman should have a c-section and that if you can't have a natural labor, then God wants you to die and you should just accept that. 

I find it horrifying. 

I have not looked at the link but "cult looking Christian sect"? Really? @karaelaine1991 - those words don't go together. 
  • Options
    Anjelyk2 said:

I find it horrifying. 
    I have not looked at the link but "cult looking Christian sect"? Really? @karaelaine1991 - those words don't go together. 

Yes they do. They proclaim themselves as a Christian group, but they appear to have more of a cult mentality. No disrespect meant towards Christians. I'm Catholic (so therefore, Christian), and most Christians aren't like this. But there is such thing as cults that identify as Christian and this seems to be one.
  • Options
    I saw it and took it as someone with WAY too much time on their hands and wants attention. It's probably a man behind it too ppssshhhh.
  • Options
    In which case it would be more of a cult Christian looking sect rather than a cult looking Christian sect ... but alas that is not the point of the original post.

• Options
    @karaelaine1991 is right. For reals. These people are telling us we deserve to die for circumstances beyond our control if we need to have a csection for the healthy birth of our babies, and your hill to die on is the pairing of two words? Okaayyy...
    :-??

Anyways, I just woke up from a dream where one of these Christian cult people was here on TB and called us demons - well it was like a daily symptoms thread and they said something like whoever took medication for heartburn or allergies or some other super common ailment was a demon. Obviously, it blew us up. I got a tou violation for using the eff word.

Like this is really something I need to trouble with subconscious with... Bump forum and getting a tou violation. But it does show how much I would like to shake reality into some people
  • Options
    *lurking*

It's a satirical page designed to get a rise out of people. I don't think they actually believe what they are saying. Not saying the posts are right, or appropriate, but we just had a huge discussion regarding this in our FB group.
  • Options

*lurking*

It's a satirical page designed to get a rise out of people. I don't think they actually believe what they are saying. Not saying the posts are right, or appropriate, but we just had a huge discussion regarding this in our FB group.
    Thanks for sharing this info. I guess it's somewhat comforting to know that these people don't actually think this way, but it's still incredibly tasteless and no less offensive, especially for those of us who either have personally experienced something on the site or have a loved one who has. But again, thanks for enlightening us!
  • Options
    its terrifying to think that some people actually feel that way. Even if it was created to cause an uproar on FB ( further supporting my anti FB feelings) you know some of them support the thought. Sick! I also understand pps feelings about the Christian/cult relationship. I in no way want to connect myself with that BS.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"