April 2015 Moms
Options

Stay at home moms

I stay home through the weeks and work part time during the weekends. This week I put myself on bedrest to try and make sure my LO stays in. My SO is out of town and its a week before my due date. As I usually say though, being a SAHM means people view you as they do as a man with a truck. Someone to do your favors. I openly put on facebook not to ask me to do anything and why (ex: babysitting, errands,rides). Yet I have been screening calls all day. Still. Even from my mom. Whats a good way to get them to back off?

Re: Stay at home moms

• Options
    You don't need a way to get them to back off. You need to tell them no. Tell them you aren't in a position to be running around doing things... And there is no reason why they need any more of an explanation than that!!! It's hard to say no but it's for u and baby and that's the most important thing!!!
  • Options
    I'd just say no -no explanation needed. I've never had anyone expect me to do things for them because I stay home, but I also don't have family nearby. You're a SAHM, not an errand service, and I think it's quite rude of them to treat you as such.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"