July 2015 Moms
Options

Bad stepmother?

13»

Re: Bad stepmother?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Honestly, I think he should stay in daycare. At 4, he's used to that routine so that's a plus for him. Also, you need that time to heal from giving birth and adjust to having a new baby. I totally get where your hubs is coming from financially, but he's not thinking about your body or how it would make you or your stepson feel. He's not the one taking on extra responsibility, and it's really crappy of him to tell you to do it just to save money. He's also not thinking about how much exhausted you'll be without the added stress of chasing a preschooler all day or how much it will suck for his son to be home all day, not the priority, and most likely bored because he no longer has playmates all day like he's accustomed to (I have a just about 4 year old so this is my every day). Step or biological, if it was my choice, I'd keep the older kid in daycare (or at least drop him to part time if DH is really adamant about money).

If it makes you feel better from a stepmom aspect, my step kids will be with us for a month this summer right around when the baby is born. I do feel maternal towards them and still made arrangements for my stepson to be at camp 2 of those weeks. It makes it easier for me to heal and adjust to the new baby.

Good luck!!
  • Options
    WOW! Poor little guy. I wish I could tell his dad, I am sure he would like to know that he leaves his prized possession with a "care taker" that doesn't love him. Selfish if you ask me, I feel bad as he grows up seeing and feeling the difference in how you treat your biological child and the child that you "get along fine with."
  • Options
    You should be ashamed of yourself. I don't like talking about my child hood but in this case I will. My mom had 5 girls (myself included) and she married my step dad and he had 3 boys. My father died when I was 6. I am now 26 and I do not know what it feels like to have a father's love. My step dad stared off like you doing the minimum and we loved that but as soon as he married my mom his true colors came out. My step father hated my sister's and I we couldn't do anything but my step brothers got treated like little kings they got the best of everything. We were physically and emotionally abused until we turned of age to get out of the house. It was really bad talk about low self-esteem and low self worth. We all resented our mother and him but mostly our mom. However thank God for Jesus because I can honestly say I forgive him and my mom. And I pray that when I have my son he will never have to go through any of what I did. I'm going to pray for this little boy there is no horrible feeling in this world then to know that the person raising you really doesn't want you or love you. And I'm going to pray for you because you are evil and you should be ashamed of yourself you don't get my sympathy. I'll also pray for your husband and unborn child they are going to need it.
  • Options
    OP having been the "stepchild"  I implore you to go get help for the resentment you feel towards this kid.  You're going to say you don't resent him but you do.  The older her gets the clearer it will be that you're only "doing what you're suppose to do" in regards to him.  Not once did you say you loved him.