Success after IF

3/30 Momma Check-In

Good morning fellow mommas! 

I can't believe it is almost April!!!!

This is the fifth week of our new check-in for mommas on this board
that just want to feel connected, bond, and connect with each other on a
weekly basis!  Check-ins will be on Mondays.   

This week, lets do a get to know each other better exercise :)  Answer the following questions to the best of your ability.  They are random and silly. 

1) What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year?
2) If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
3) When you have 30 minutes of free time, how do you pass the time?
4) What's the best/worst gift you've ever given/received? 
5) The best part of waking up is? 

QOTW:
No question of the week :P 

@mrs.AmyDylan
@CWhitaker27
@hopeby2015 
@CarrieB.
@Mayzie15
@mnj05   
@Maladroit  
@starlightgator 
@kfdecarie

Me:
30, DH: 32
My hx:  uterus/hormones normal Dx: low AMH 0.5 = poor ovarian reserve
hubby hx: low sperm count, poor motility, started on clomid, retest in May showed no improvement, will be on clomid another 3 months, another retest scheduled for August

Started IVF #1:  ~BFP Mentioned~
  • ER (Thursday April 17th, 3 precious eggs).
  • April 18th: Received news 2 out of 3 eggs fertilized!
  •  Planned 3dt: Easter day, transferred two 8B embryos and received pictures :)
  • BFP starting 8dp3dt 5/1 Beta #1: 87, 5/3 Beta #2 206 
  • 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
  • EDD 1/8/15

Re: 3/30 Momma Check-In

• dp21dp21 member
    1) I love May, it when we got married and is my birthday month.  It is also the time of year that weather starts getting nicer in Michigan.  It makes me happy :)  We usually start our vegetable garden this month too and gardening is something I enjoy :)

2) I wish I were more crafty.  I think being able to knit or crochet would be cool but I don't think I have the patience to learn lol.

3) I'm addicted to tv, it relaxes me, I'd fit in 30 minutes of favorite show. 

4) My SIL and I use to not get along at all which magnified this lol.  I was pretty upset when she got me this wedding book to document my wedding for Christmas (bachelorette party, bridal shower, wedding party, etc.), but the thing was she knew we weren't having any of that and had a very non-traditional cruise ship wedding with no bridal parties or anything.  I probably would have hated anything she gave me though looking back on it because our crazy young jealous ways back then.  We actually get along really well now, 9 years later lol. 

5) Knowing I'm still alive. 

Me:
    30, DH: 32
    My hx:  uterus/hormones normal Dx: low AMH 0.5 = poor ovarian reserve
    hubby hx: low sperm count, poor motility, started on clomid, retest in May showed no improvement, will be on clomid another 3 months, another retest scheduled for August

Started IVF #1:  ~BFP Mentioned~
    • ER (Thursday April 17th, 3 precious eggs).
    • April 18th: Received news 2 out of 3 eggs fertilized!
    •  Planned 3dt: Easter day, transferred two 8B embryos and received pictures :)
    • BFP starting 8dp3dt 5/1 Beta #1: 87, 5/3 Beta #2 206 
    • 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• 1) late October. It finally is cooling off after a long summer. It feels so good!

2) learn anything? Hmmmm...that is a good question. I wish I was good at fixing stuff, house projects and an eye for design. We have a cool house with tons of potential, but I just don't have an eye for how it could look.  When see other people's houses I'm like, "wow, what cool ideas". 

3) 30 min of free time is generally spent taking a nap, especially these days!

4) the best gift was my tiny pooch (see my avatar). Worst was probably my godmother giving me a 12&18mo girl print fleece sleepers for my shower. We were team green and when I opened them everyone was like, huh? Is there something you aren't telling us? Ironically we ended up using both quite a bit. 

5) best part of waking up is knowing that my sweet girl is so excited to spend the day with me! I love being her mama!
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Loading the player...
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    1. March and October/November because the weather is amazing.

2. I would love to know or have an eye for decorating my house, especially cheaply but still look great.

3. Laying on the couch. TV could be on or the radio can or it could be quiet.

4. Best gift is probably my new bracelet with the initials of my boys I've had my eye on for a while. Worst is hard. I can't think of one that was just really awful.

5. Getting morning kisses from H. He always grabs my face when I get him from the crib.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• MaladroitMaladroit member
    edited March 2015

1) What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year? Time of Day: Whenever I get my coffee :P / Day of the week: Don't have one / Month of the year: June/July - I LOVE Summer. I wish my friends/family/life were in Hawaii or somewhere with AMAZING summer weather all year round!
    2) If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Write code...I'm a nerd like that and it seems like a good thing to know these days.
    3) When you have 30 minutes of free time, how do you pass the time? Read, sleep, play on my phone.
    4) What's the best/worst gift you've ever given/received?  Best: I got a horse on my 16th b-day, I gave my husband a baby ON our anniversary and he didn't know I planned for the BIG DAY to be on our anniversary (he cried). Worst: I regifted baby gifts to a coworker I didn't like. I got regifted baby gifts from a friend that just had a baby before me.
    5) The best part of waking up is?  COFFEE and smiles from my son.

This week I just work 3 days, but I have so much other stuff going on that I STILL won't be able to really enjoy time with my little man until next week :( *le sigh* I hate adulting sometimes.  I swear everyone else is doing so much better than I am at life, lol.

Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"