Trouble TTC
Options

Intro and a question

Hi everyone! My DH and I are both 27 and we have been TTC for 2 years. I've been thru 6 rounds of clomid, 4 at 50mg and 2 at 100 mg. My DH has checked out fine.

This past month we did 100mg of clomid and then a trigger shot of 10mls of HCG followed up with 2 progesterone suppositories daily. I'm in my second week of the two week wait (approx 7days post ovulation) and my question is how soon can I test and have it be accurate? Should I really wait the full two weeks?

I'm so hoping his month is it and I'm getting so inpatient! I should mention I have been charting my basal body temp and it rose after the trigger shot(yay!) And has continued to stay elevated! Sorry for the novel!

Re: Intro and a question

• Options
    Forgot to mention I was diagnosed with PCOS a year and half ago.
  • Options
    Hi there, and welcome...    I'm hoping that your RE or OB has been monitoring your lining, etc while you were on the Clomid.    As far as testing goes, it really is best to wait the full two weeks, but I rarely do that on medicated cycles.   I usually start testing around day 11, because the trigger is usually completely out of my system by then.    FX that this is your golden cycle!

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for your response, that's what I was thinking but was hoping I might be able to test sooner! I'm more inpatient this time than any other!
  • Options
    So I've had light spotting on CD 27 and CD 30 and I'm supposed to get AF today and so far only light light spotting this morning, I've been out of town and so I'm testing tmrw morning but now I'm nervous because I had a .5 drop in my BBT this morning so I'm really hoping my cycle is not just a day or so off.

Not really looking for advice but more so a place to vent I guess! After 2.5 years of trying and a diagnosis of PCOS I am so ready to have everything work out!
  • Options
    Sooo no AF yet, just super light spotting (don't even need to change a liner) and cramping. Also a BFN this morning, true AF is now two days late. My Dr. says if I don't have a true AF by Monday he wants to see me.

Do I give up hope that is worked this cycle?? Any advice or similar situations??
  • Options
    Hi,  I'm sorry about your BFN.  Yes at this point it's best to start preparing for your next cycle.   What did your doctor say was your diagnosis?  There is a lifetime limit of 6 cycles of Clomid.  Clomid often thins the uterine lining, which makes implantation impossible (which is why monitoring is important -- no point in going through with all of this if your lining is too thin to get pregnant).

Did you get all of the other tests - HSG for blocked tubes, etc?  If not I strongly recommend that you get full testing... good luck!

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• Options
    I'm supposed to call to schedule my HSG test on CD 1 so that they can decide what cycle day to do the test. So I'll be calling in the morning b/c AF came this afternoon :(

What should I expect from this test, I've heard it is uncomfortable but not painful.