Food & Nutrition

Prenatal Vitamins

I would like to start taking prenatal vitamins soon so when we TTC I will already have some of the vitamins in my system. This may be a stupid question but is there a specific type? brand (specific or store)? can it be over the counter or should I get a perscription? I don't want to make a silly mistake by taking the wrong vitamins. I see my doctor at the end of the month for my yearly checkup, didn't know if I should just wait for her or I can just go ahead get something. Last year she mentioned a brand (I brought up the topic of babies because I was getting married) but I cannot put my finger on it right now but it sounded familiar as if I have seen it on the shelves while in the store.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Prenatal Vitamins

• Any nutrition you can build up before baby is so helpful! You should check with your ob to see if one is suggested! You may be lacking certain nutrients that just one specifically wont help.
  • balanced diet during pregnancy can lower the incidence of many birth abnormalities and is connected to optimal brain development and healthy birth weight. There is folate in beans, green and leafy vegetables, and orange juice. Also, a balanced diet will lower your risk of anemia and other unpleasant pregnancy side effects including exhaustion and morning sickness. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, it's true, you have to eat good, and meals have to be balanced