Babies on the Brain

Removing the Auto Generated Baby Registry from The Bump

Ok this is driving me crazy. The Bump created a baby registry site for my SO and I automatically. We're only now thinking of TTC and no one knows. How do i kill that site off. You can now Google my name and the "registry" (completely blank obviously) shows up with my SOs name, and our home city. So there is no mistaking who the site is for,
I'm terrified my employer will find out, or my mother may Google my name.  
I have done the following already with no response from The Bump (or Nest or Knot): 
Emailed their member support.
Made the suggestion on feedback.thebump.com

And yes I know my employer cant fire me - and my Mom would be happy. But the point is its my information to share and i certainly never authorized The Bump to create a site like this. 
At this point i am willing to deactivate my whole account if that would help. (But i cant do that either)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Removing the Auto Generated Baby Registry from The Bump

• bmo88bmo88 member
    edited March 2015
    Why not just change your username? I honestly don't know what you are talking about though because when I google my username, no registry pops up.
  • Damn. This happens to me too actually. It's bank, but if you Google my full name + "registry" a page comes up. I do not want that showing up in Google results!!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Loading the player...
  • @bumpadmin @bumptara

Any help??
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • I had the same problem too. I was very upset to see that because I don't want family to find out. I changed my name registered with the account, so now when the link is clicked it then says a different name for the blank registry. It would be nice If TB would change it though.
    Anniversary
    Me (29) + DH (30) | Dating 2003 | Married 2008
    DS - 02/21/2016

• I received a message from BumpTara after tagging her here saying she would submit a request to have the page deleted. You could PM her too asking for the same.
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • bmo88bmo88 member
    One option is to change your name you registered with as well. I couldn't find a registry because I don't have my real name in the profile.
  • I didn't have my real name in my profile, but I still had a registry page with my full name on it. My Knot account used to have my full name in it, so it must have pulled from there when I came over to the Nest/Bump.
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • People use their real names to sign up for forums?
  • People use their real names to sign up for forums?

When I got married I used the Knot as the host for my Wedding Website. I had to use my real name at that time to make the website appear correctly.

Now that I pretty much only use the forums I scrubbed any identifying information from my profile. Apparently that doesn't eliminate the auto generated registry page.
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • @bumptara

Please guide me as to how to delete my registry on the bump and the automated registry page. This is a direct invasion of privacy as when I google myself the automated page comes up!