February 2015 Moms

preparing bottle..im an idiot

So I was giving LO breastmilk and switched to formula. I am a complete idiot & used warm water from the sink to make her bottles. My Dad saw me doing it & said I should be boiling the water first. Ughh how did I not know this :( of course I googled & now im freaked out. Waiting on Dr. To call me back but just freaking out......

Re: preparing bottle..im an idiot

• They have gallons of nursery water at the store that are $1. Those are a lot easier than boiling the water everytime you want a bottle.
  • It depends where you live and what's in your water. My pediatrician suggested a brita or pur water filter attached to the faucet, and that's it; no need to boil the water.
  • Loading the player...
  • I spoke w nurse and she said as long as she doesnt have diarrhea there is no need to worry. I went out and bought the baby water. Ughhh lol
  • I'm sure one bottle of tap water is going to be fine ... I definitely don't boil the water every bottle I make that's crazy- just use bottled water at room temperature
  • I did it for 2 weeks..warm water straight from the sink. Sick to my stomach about it still.. :((
  • @amack22 don't worry about it sweetie.it seems no harm was done and you know now! Don't best yourself up about it, your LOs immunity obviously fight off any bugs that may have been present in the water.