3rd Trimester
Options

back pain b4 labor

This is going to be a pretty general question to which I know there is not one set answer but I am hoping to ask any mama's that experienced back pain close to labor what it felt like? I know I've heard of people going through a day with more back pain than normal and then going into labor later that day or the next. I have a dull ache smack in the middle of my lower back today-more than normal. Just wondering what the pain felt like if you have experienced this? Fully aware that it may just be normal back pain, especially after a weekend at home working on stuff but just curious! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: back pain b4 labor

• Options
    With my first born I had back labor. I'd had back pains the day I went into labor. It was almost like I was feeling my contractions in my back.
    With second born I didn't experience that at all.
  • Options

Thanks @catrudkin ! :) I wasn't sure if the feeling would be similar to back labor or less painful. I know I had back labor with my first also but contractions didn't start at all until hours after my water broke.

Just looking for any signs of labor this late in the game. :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Okay so i'm 32 weeks, and mine just started yesterday morning. I chalked it up to maybe just sleeping wrong. But i don't think so. I can lay in any position, and it still hurts like a MFer. I've also been getting BH contractions (which I know are normal), but i'm definitely concerned that I will be going into labor early. I go to my doctor later this afternoon, and i'm praying that we're good in there.
  • Options
    "The extra weight you've gained is putting added pressure on your back, making it feel achy and sore. You might also feel discomfort in your pelvis and hips as your ligaments loosen to prepare for labor . To ease the pressure on your back, practice good posture. Sit up straight and use a chair that provides good back support. At night, sleep on your side with a pillow tucked between your legs. Wear low-heeled, comfortable shoes with good arch support. To relieve back pain, use a heating pad and ask your doctor whether it's OK for you to take acetaminophen."

Maybe that'll help a little.
  • Options
    With my DD I went into back labor the day before I had her. Like you, I thought it might just be normal back pain, so I actually went to sleep not knowing I was in early labor, I woke up early the next morning with the pain feeling worse! (day before my due date 39w6d). Call the doctor, and he informed me that.. YEP.. I was in labor, I took a warm shower, went to the hospital and gave birth 19 hours later. My doctor told me it is a little more common with larger babies, sure enough my daughter was born 9.4 lbs! I suggest taking a really warm shower, that seemed to help a lot with relaxing me. 
    Pregnancy Ticker    

• Options
    jlovesky said:

This is going to be a pretty general question to which I know there is not one set answer but I am hoping to ask any mama's that experienced back pain close to labor what it felt like? I know I've heard of people going through a day with more back pain than normal and then going into labor later that day or the next. I have a dull ache smack in the middle of my lower back today-more than normal. Just wondering what the pain felt like if you have experienced this? Fully aware that it may just be normal back pain, especially after a weekend at home working on stuff but just curious! :)

SORRY I just noticed my previous post didn't really answer your question - back labor feels like extreme back pain, but its hard to move around. Hard to explain, but it doesn't feel like the normal pregnancy back pain, it's more intense. 
    Pregnancy Ticker    

• Options
    Thanks all! I know my 1st son came at 38 weeks and we are anticipating this guy to be a good sized baby. The back pain I was feeling has not increased so at this point I'm sure its just the strain of him weighing my front section down so much :) Looking forward to meeting him though and crossing my fingers a million times over that back labor does not strike again! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"