April 2015 Moms
Options

Wrong due date

so my doctor has my due date wrong. I was trying to conceive this baby and know exactly when she was concieved yet he is telling me a week later than what it really is. Im very frustrated because this affects when he will induce me and i feel very overhwhelmed. Anyone else have this problem?! I will not be using him if we have more children.

Re: Wrong due date

• Options
    I don't think any one can exactly pin point when you conceived. Doctors go off of your last period and the measurements of your baby. I think as long as you and the baby is healthy a week difference won't make much of a difference. Maybe baby will come on his or her own and you won't even have to worry about being induced. I personally wouldn't be stressing over this
  • Options
    If there are no medical issues, I would avoid the induction and let the baby tell you when your due date is.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It can take up to 7 days to actually conceive after sex so a week later may not actually be wrong however I'd go by your last period it's the most effective
  • Options
    We had this happen too. But I trust my doctor and the us dating, so I'm not worried.
  • Options
    My doctor told me that you can never be more than two weeks accurate in either direction for a due date, even if you go through fertility and they know the exact moment you are impregnated.
  • Options

Were you charting your BBT?  Did you have a dating ultrasound in 1st tri?  Or are you going off the assumption of ovulation on day 14?

My babies measure big in 1st tri, but with my BBT charts and an adult/educated discussion with my OB, we agree upon reasonable due dates for my babies.  I had to be induced at 39w for high BP, so it was important for me to have an accurate due date on record so I could avoid being induced when baby was really only 37-38 weeks developed.

It might be too late for you to fight the due date thing now.  How did your dates compare at the ultrasounds you had earlier?

DD 7/2010, DS 3/2012, #3 due 4/24/2015

• Options
    Inducing a week later seems like a good thing to me!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yea, I had my due date at April 7th according to my last period date but after three ultrasounds they said April 1st-2nd. So far it feels like I will be more like April 7th and their prediction would not have been possible for the time I had sex even with the 7 day window. We shall see in a short time period but it's making me anxious as a first time mom not knowing!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"