August 2015 Moms
Options

When should you start to worry?

Okay ladies, I know that I might sound a little overboard with this but as a FTM, this is all new to me and I have to reach out. Last week was week 20 for me, and I was feeling the baby so much. I posted about it, and how I felt him on the outside too. He was moving around mostly in the morning and after dinner time. Now for the past 4 days I noticed I have not been feeling him at all. Am I reading too much into this? When do you call your doctor about something like this? Is it still to early to panic about not feeling him everyday? I am reading online that most women do not feel regular everyday movement until 24-27 weeks. Hoping for some feedback.
Always hold on to hope ❤

Re: When should you start to worry?

• Options
    Your baby might just have repositioned and be in a way so that you can't feel as easily. If you are not having an severe belly pain or cramping or bleeding I wouldn't worry. You shouldn't be expecting to feel regular movements at this point yet
  • Options
    I went through this a few days ago. I was feeling him every day and then one day nothing. I went 2 full days without feeling him. I have a doppler so I used that to calm my nerves and was able to pick up a faint heartbeat (it was 138 just very quiet). I went ahead and called a nurse and told them what was going on, she said it sounded like everything was fine and at 20 weeks the baby is still small and could have moved positions. I've been able to feel him again since yesterday! I'm convinced he was turned around or just being lazy!

Bottom line: baby is still pretty small, so you shouldn't worry about not feeling them everyday until about 24 weeks (from what I was told). That being said, if you're worried, it never hurts to call your OB and get checked out just to make sure and to help put your mind at ease!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is still pretty early to feel the baby on a regular basis. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thanks ladies. Its like, in the back of my mind I know this. But then there is always that little part of me that worries so much.
    Always hold on to hope ❤
  • Options
    The amount of love and worry I feel for this baby is overwhelming. I never, ever, knew it was this poweful. I guess I better get used to it. Your right. I need to let go and understand I do not have control. It's just so scary sometimes.
    Always hold on to hope ❤
  • Options
    Had the same last week but my OB told me not to worry until week 24. BUT she also told me a million times that I have to call her when I am worrying because my stress isnt good for the baby either.
  • Options

Bottom line: baby is still pretty small, so you shouldn't worry about not feeling them everyday until about 24 weeks (from what I was told). That being said, if you're worried, it never hurts to call your OB and get checked out just to make sure and to help put your mind at ease!

This.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @Marissalynn0620 it's funny you talk about the overwhelming love because I just posted this to my FB page yesterday. I feel the exact same way- it's a totally overwhelming love!
  • Options
    Just read today that babies sleep 12-14 hours a day and It's usually during the day bc they are lulled to sleep by mommy's movement. :)
  • Options
    I appreciate all the reassurance ladies. I am always jumping to conclusions. One of my many character defects. My SO is the level headed one out of the two of us and thank god I have him or I would be a wreck. Still waiting for my little guy to move, but I promise no more worry posts for now! :)
    Always hold on to hope ❤
  • Options
    Around 28 weeks is when I was told to start "counting kicks" when I was 29 weeks I went into L&D bc I hadn't felt baby for over 24 hours... Turns out she went to the back of my uterus to where even when she was kicking and punching I couldn't feel!!! Try to relax, drink some OJ, lie down and give him/her time
  • Options
    For me my munchkin is extremely active and he moves all the time at the same time I'm measuring about 2 weeks above my actual due date even tho they are keeping it the same. So that's probably why I felt movements at 17 weeks when I was actually 19! Babies sleep a lot and my obgyn told me they tend to be more active at night. Maybe he is moving while you are sleeping and you just don't know it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"