April 2015 Moms
Options

Toothache

36 weeks with the worst toothache. I need help.

Re: Toothache

• Options
    See a dentist.
  • Options
    Tie a string around the tooth and a doorknob....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Orajel after you call the dentist. Or take tylenol
  • Options
    The dentist just needs a release from your OB to be able to treat you and also of what is safe during pregnancy. If you haven't had recent x rays, they'll do a set of those and an exam at the very least.
  • Options

The dentist just needs a release from your OB to be able to treat you and also of what is safe during pregnancy. If you haven't had recent x rays, they'll do a set of those and an exam at the very least.

I've never needed a release from my OB to receive dental care. Must be an office specific thing.

Yes, I've had a toothache on the upper left side for weeks but I also have a bad sinus infection and notice that my sinuses are tender on that side. The sinus infection can cause toothaches so I am waiting until I feel better to see the dentist.

Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • Options

I work for a dentist. We only need releases when giving out antibiotics or other meds.
    And when pregnant they shouldn't be doing a set of X-rays, but just the bare minimum that's needed, which is normally just a PA or a bitewing. Never let them do a full mouth series or panoramic when pregnant. That's overkill and greed at that point.
  • Options
    I got to my appointment today and they only took 2 views and only of the affected area. They won't do any more xrays at all until after the baby is born. But the dentist told me that my views show I have long sinuses that are close to the affected area and that they're inflamed (which is normal during pregnancy) and that it can sometimes cause sensitivity. At least it's not a cavity.
    But overall it's always a good idea to call to make sure your regular dentist will see you. Mine wouldn't so I had to call around to find one that would, but I also live in a state where medical malpractice insurance is through the roof and treating a pregnant woman is often considered a liability.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"