High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Bed Rest Check-In 3/28/15

Hello and welcome!  This
is a check-in to offer support and encouragement to each other while facing the
challenge of bed rest during pregnancy.

If you are new, please tell us your EDD; # and gender of
LOs; type of bed rest (modified / strict / hospital) and when it started in
your pregnancy; reason for bed rest; and any updates from recent appointments.

QOTD:  What has been
most challenging so far for you?

Me: 35 DH: 35 - Married 10 years
PCOS and MF

Two failed rounds IUI in 2010
IVF #1 in 2011 - BFP 8/5/11 - Our IVF miracle was born 4/8/12
FET 9/23/13; BFP -Twins-10/3/13; EDD 6/10/14; MC 11/1/13; D&C 11/4/13
FET 3/28/14; BFN - 4/7/14
IVF #2 - Transfer 2 embryos 11/14/14; BFP 11/24/14 - Beta 265;
11/26/14 - Beta 612; 11/28/14 - Beta 1263; 12/1/14 - Beta 3571;
12/3/14 - first u/s - two gestational sacs; 12/17/14 - two healthy heartbeats (132 and 134)
Our IVF miracles were born 7/16/15

Re: Bed Rest Check-In 3/28/15

• Options

EDD:  8/2/15 (official although I will be a repeat c-section at 38-39 weeks)

#/gender:  b/g twins

Type of bedrest: modified, starting at 21 weeks, due to bleeding related to placenta previa / low lying placenta

QOTD:  Slowing down.  My job is fast-paced and demanding.  And I have an almost-3-year-old at home who I enjoy doing things with (park, zoo, aquarium, etc) which I am no longer able to do.  Now I am stuck at home and can't even do things around the house, like simple cleaning.  I know the babies are most important but slowing down has been really tough.

PCOS and MF

12/3/14 - first u/s - two gestational sacs; 12/17/14 - two healthy heartbeats (132 and 134)

• Options
    Thanks for starting this!

EDD is 6/12/15 so 29 +1 today

We are expecting just one baby and are team green.

Got admitted to hospital bed rest on Tuesday after an ultrasound showed short periods of absent flow of blood to the placenta and a small baby. We've been struggling with my blood pressure the entire pregnancy so it tipped the scale and they sent me upstairs to l&d. Right now the expectation is that I'll be here until delivery and that delivery could be sooner rather than later if any of the labs/tests/ultrasounds get worse.

Qotd: biggest thing is the not knowing the time line. Today the docs seem confident that I'll be here and still pregnant until Monday, but that's as far as they'll estimate until we do more tests on Monday. My friends have been visiting which is nice but we know that will slow down the longer I'm here.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD is June 3, 2015 so 30wk3days today

We are expecting one little girl, Juliet.

I got admitted to antepartum on Monday of this week for low amniotic fluid, growth restriction and atypical preeclampsia. I have protein in my urine and slightly elevated liver enzymes but normal blood pressure, no swelling and normal platelets. We get a biophysical profile ultrasound every AM, and the doctors decide if I stay pregnant another day after that scan.

QOTD: What has been
    most challenging so far for you? The most challenging thing is not knowing when to prepare to deliver. It is day by day at this point. I understand and know why - but it is hard to never really know.
  • Options
    EDD-6/20/15-28wks today. We are expecting 2 fraternal twin boys! I went to the hospital on Monday feeling pressure so they monitored me and I was having contractions 4 mins apart and didn't know it. My cervix had gone down from 3.5 to 2.3-2.6 in a week! Cervix is still closed. I ended up being diagnosed with a bladder infection which could have caused the contractions. I'm almost done with my antibiotic and feeling better. I am on modified bedrest until my next appt on April 3. QOTD- I find most challenging is trying to make sure this goes as smoothly as possible. It hasn't been easy. I worry every day if these boys are going to make their appearance but they need to keep growing!
  • Options
    EED - July 18th 2015 with a baby boy !

Bed rest started on February 26th due to mild placenta abruption. On following ultrasound they noticed i had a very short cervix 1.5 i had a emergency stitch put in place and wad told to continue bed rest. They admitted me to hospital on Monday when they found out my cervix funneled all the way to the stitch :( They are discharging me Monday where things seem to be going well with weekly appointments. Hoping my lil man stays put ! First pregnancy and all is very scary and emotional.
  • Options
    Hi there! Looks like we've got some June mommies here :)

EDD: 6/12/15 29 weeks 1 day

Expecting one boy
    I also have a little boy that's about 18months

I've been on modified bed rest since 23 weeks due to cervical insufficiency. I dilated up to 4cm and had an emergency Cerclage. At my last appt my cervix is still closed but has shortened quite a bit. It measured at .8 cm.

Qotd: As PP mentioned we're taking it day by day. After the Cerclage, the dr said I had a few days to a couple weeks before baby comes and here I am 6 weeks later. Hopefully he stays in a little longer!
  • Options
    Hi all! FTM here
    Due date 6/11/15!
    Babyboy (liam eugene:))
    Been on bed rest since 25 weeks currently 29 weeks 2 days♡
    Due to thinning cervix 2.2 but has stayed there, doing progestergen shots every week now. Havent had any contractions been to hospital for cramping twice and havent seen any contractions thus far thank god.:)
  • Options

EDD: May 10th (Mother's Day!)
    # & Gender: 1 Boy :)
    Bedrest: Modified

Just shy of 27 weeks I was diagnosed with  a slighly enlarged left kidney and kidney stones.  I had surgery to have a bladder stent inserted.  Due to the severe pain and discomfort I was put on modified bed rest.  I can only stand/walk for a few minutes at a time now and can no longer do the easiest chores at home.  After the baby is born I can then have the kidney stones blasted and the stent removed.  Due to these issues I may have another surgery coming up to replace the stent, and possibly be induced early to be able to get the stones and stent removed sooner.

QOTD:  What has been most challenging so far for you?

Have to lay around and "relax." I see so many things around the house that need to be done and knowing I can't do any of it!

• Options
    EDD: 7/4/15 (if I make it that far) I am 26 weeks today with baby girl.

Bed rest: Complete Bed rest for 2 weeks possibly more pending my follow up and glucose testing on 4/2/15

Reason: thinning cervix, complete placenta previa, low amniotic fluid, circulation issues in my feet. I also had cramping all week and had some spotting.

My back is killing me because I was ordered to lay on my left side with a pillow propping my pelvis up. I try sitting up every once in a while. I have like 6 pillows for support and comfort. No luck with the comfort issue. I'm miserable.
  • Options
    On modified bedrest... started March 15 due to low blood pressure and high heart rate. One week after bed rest I strayed having contractions and now I will more than likely be on bed rest until I deliver. I will be 18 weeks tomorrow.

This is my second pregnancy and the first time around was pretty much the same except it started at 18 weeks.

Bed rest is so hard to get through... but so worth it! Hang in there ladies. ... we can do it!
  • Options
    EDD: 7/13/15 
    I will be 25 weeks tomorrow!
    FTM with a little girl

I'm on strict bed rest due to a funneling/short cervix and constant contractions that started almost 2 weeks ago. Will defiantly be on bed rest until I go into labor in which I will probably have to have a C-Section due to placenta previa. My doctor just wants me to make it 4 more weeks until I deliver but hopefully she will hold out longer!

The most difficult thing for me has been going from working 40+ hours a week and going to school full time to doing nothing but laying in bed. Also we are moving at the end of April and I can't do any packing or organizing which is so hard for me!

• Options
    Thanks for checking in everyone!  Although it's tough to find ourselves here, I am glad we can support each other right now.  Another resource I found for women on bed rest is sidelines.org - it was mentioned in one of the books I read. 

If you're having a particularly tough day - feel free to post on the check-in thread so we can respond.  Sending T&P to everyone that all of these babies stay inside and cooking a little longer. 
    PCOS and MF

• Options
    EDD: 06/16 with one lil boy. 28.5wks today. I also have three older kids, 17yr old DD, 14yr old DS and a 7yr old DD. Been on modified bed rest since 01/13 for contractions and high blood pressure. Had a cerclage placed as preventative because of a second trimester loss two years ago due to IC. My cervix has shortened a lil, but not critical. I have been admitted twice to the hospital for these issues and was given magnesium and steroid shots because I had softening of my cervix and a positive FFN. My blood pressure is up still as of Friday's appt, so I'm now on 2000mg of Aldomet a day and I've also been taking progesterone shots weekly for several weeks now. I have two doc appts weekly. Baby is looking great, so now it's just a waiting game.

My biggest challenge is bordome. I'm a nurse who works full time and I'm used to being on the go. Even not being able to clean my house the way is like to is frustrating. My husband and kids have been great help though!

• Options
    EDD: May 17

#/gender: 1 boy
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ^^ where did the rest go? I had a whole thing typed out!

Type of bed rest: Modified I guess? It all depends on my pain level. I have severe back pain from scoliosis, pelvic pain from SPD. I'm attacking this pain every way I can: PT, a $1000 medical brace, acupuncture, heating pad, etc. I keep holding out hope it'll improve but it's unlikely, and I've been about the same for 2 weeks.

QOTD: The most challenging part is my mood. The only time I'm pain-free is laying down and not moving and that's depressing. It's hard to watch life happen around me with zero control. DH is working hard but he does things *differently* from me. And when my toddler cries because I can't pick her up or bend over or play with her at all besides reading booka... It breaks my heart. I try to remember it's all temporary but 4-6 weeks feels like a looong way to go.
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    EDD: 5/11/2015
    34 weeks tomorrow with fraternal Twin Boys (Riley James and Jackson Richard). I also have a 5 year old boy as well (he will be 6 on 4/18)
    I've been on modified bed rest since 31 weeks. I went in with contractions and was kept 24hrs and put on Magnesium and given steroid shots. Luckily the contractions stopped and these boys have stayed put. My OB's goal is for me to make it to 36 weeks, so I'm being good and hanging in there.
    The hardest part is looking around my house and seeing all the things that still need to be done, but my Mom, Husband, and even my son have been sooooo helpful and have been doing everything!
  • Options
    EDD: May 21st. Baby boy. Currently 32 weeks 4 days. Was admitted to the hospital last Friday night for high blood pressure. I stopped working and was put on modified bed rest at 28 weeks. I have chronic hypertension since age 16 (currrently 28 yo) and tested positive for gestational diabetes at 26 weeks. My blood sugars have been great (in the 70's two hours post prandial and fasting) until they have me steroid shots sat and sun so now we are doing insulin while I'm in the hospital. 24 hour urine protein at 30 weeks was 264 and yesterday we found out it's now doubled which most likely means preeclampsia. My primary OB is coming in today to talk to me. Good news: Baby looks great. The doctor who did his ultrasound sat said the baby is oblivious to what's going on with me. 4lbs1oz so far. Right now I'm stable and blood pressures were decent yesterday but I have a feeling that they are going to keep me till the baby is born because of the preeclampsia, gestational diabetes and other medical issues...
  • Options
    EDD: April 19th
    Boy, FTM. Currently 37 weeks + 4 days.

I went in for my regular appointment today and discovered I had high blood pressure. I was sent to the hospital immediately for monitoring and released after several hours to bed rest. I was told I can't work, clean, shop, cook... Just lay on my side as much as possible. I have to go to the doctor on Monday to follow up. I guess I'm lucky that this happened late in my pregnancy, with only two weeks until my EDD. I'm nervous and don't want to make any mistakes about bed rest. If anyone can give me some tips on what to do it would be greatly appreciated. I feel confused. I wish I asked more questions before leaving the hospital. Thanks in advance.

Good luck everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"