Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

5 postive test:) than a period :/

Hi ladies I hope im on the right board I apologize if im not. My husband and I have been TCC for 14 months and yesterday I decided to take a pt because I was 4days late and had other pregnancy symptoms well finally got a postive test actually I took 3 different brands just to make sure and they were all postive:) We were nervous to be excited but we decided to relish in the idea it could finally have happened. I was planning on calling the Dr on Monday for an appointment but overnight I got my period and it crushed us. I went ahead and took 2 more pt this morning .I expected postive results because i know the hormones dont go away that fast but I wanted to see the results again .After doing online reading on different sites it sounds like a very early miscarriage. According to my calculation I would have been 2-3 weeks along I understand that isn't far at all but after waiting so long and finally getting a postive test with a glimmer of hope it was devastating. =**(

Re: 5 postive test:) than a period :/

• edited March 2015
    @JMagana I am so sorry for your loss. I had a similar experience and it was devastating. I was surprised how sad I was because it was so early but they say women become mothers the moment they get a positive pregnancy test. Please give yourself permission to grieve if you need to and be gentle with yourself. I found it difficult because others (including my H) didn't really understand how attached I was already and just said "we'll try again.". You may want to get in touch with your Dr, mine ran tests just to make sure hcg was back to 0 and there was no retained tissue.
    Hugs and best of luck to you.

• PS sending you a pm

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much for your response @Everyusernameistaken. I think I appericate your kind words and advice. I needed them alot its been a very hard day on my husband and I both . I ve had a few moments where I just needed to let it out but i knew my H was taking it harder than he was letting on. I think he was trying to be strong for me but he finally broke down. So i think thats good for him.
    I will do as you recommend and go ahead and see my dr to maybe do the same with the test as you did. I was wondering about the hormone levels and everything that comes with it . I wasnt sure if i should still go to the dr or not. My H was insisting I still go and now that you mentioned it I think it would be a good idea so I will call Monday. Thank you again I dont have anyone to talk to that has had problems concieveing or miscarriages so im thankful for the wonderful ladies on this site♡
  • Im unfamiliar with sending a pm? What does that mean :) Sorr@Everyusernameistaken
  • Glad to have helped in any small way! I sent a private message to your inbox. It's nothing important so if you don't know how to access it it's no big deal :)
    Take care of each other during this difficult time, it sounds like you and your husband have a lovely bond. Xo

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"