September 2015 Moms
Options

Was Ramzi right for you? Any wives tales?

so it seems like a ton of ladies have already found out the sex of their baby, and weeks ago there was a huge Ramzi thread going on! For those who have done both, was the Ramzi theory correct for you? What about any other old wives tales?

Re: Was Ramzi right for you? Any wives tales?

• Options
    Yes it was right for me :) Also very curious on Ramzi Theory on others that I guessed between 6-8 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ramzi was correct for me.
  • Options
    Don't know about ramzi but Chinese gender chart said boy, necklace test said boy, fast heart rate said girl, acne on face said girl, mommy intuition said boy.

It's a boy!! :)
  • Options
    kasbkasb member
    Ramzi was right for me, Chinese gender chart was wrong. I'm having a girl. I did experience nausea with this pregnancy that I never had a day of with my son.
  • Options
    The only thing that was right was the gender chart. I have had the same symptoms of nausea with all of my babies. All wives tales were wrong for this one.
    Expecting baby #3 Due 9/15/2015
  • Options
    Every OWT and chart and theory said girl and it was!
  • Options
    Just for fun I did the Chinese gender predictor & the Mayan calendar. Both said girl & they were right! It's a 50/50 chance with these things but I was very pleased they were right!
  • Options
    Oh I would also like to add that my symptoms this time around were COMPLETELY different than with my DS. I didn't have nausea, food aversions, or increased sense of smell. Just very very tired!
  • Options
    Ramzi said boy, most of the old wives tales said boy, and the Chinese gender chart said boy. Tech told me my babe is 100% girl!
  • Options
    For those who said Ramzi was wrong did you have me guess? If so was it an ultrasound between 6-8 weeks? Just curious.
  • Options
    @mommalovesidxl I felt so bad for how inundated you were! This was my 6w ultrasound. This says girl, right??

Acne and Chinese predictor said girl. Ring test and Mayan calendar said boy.

He's a boy!! :x
  • Options

@mommalovesidxl I felt so bad for how inundated you were! This was my 6w ultrasound. This says girl, right??

Acne and Chinese predictor said girl. Ring test and Mayan calendar said boy.

He's a boy!! :x

if that was a transvaginal ultrasound that would mean boy .

• Options
    barrelocarolbarrelocarol member
    edited March 2015
    It was transvaginal! I TOTALLY thought I was reading girl!

Look at that!! I guess Ramzi was right for me after all! That little jelly bean was on the Far right side so for some reason, I thought that meant girl.

Thanks @mommalovesidxl !!
  • Options
    Ramzi, Chinese, Mayan chart, necklace, cravings and symptoms all said girl and we are defiantly having a baby boy
  • Options
    Scientifically, nothing has been proven to reveal gender besides an ultrasound. Those old wives tales are only popular because they have a 50% chance of being right and they are fun for some people. But realistically, the ultrasound or the birth will be the only accurate ways to know the gender.
  • Options
    All said girl and 100% girl is what she is!!
  • Options
    Ramzi said boy, Chinese gender chart said girl. It's a girl!
  • Options
    Ramzi was right for both my girls! Also high heart beats. The Chinese gender chart was right for this one wrong for DD1. With DD1 I craved sweets and this time I wanted more veggies early on but never had any real cravings.
  • Options

Scientifically, nothing has been proven to reveal gender besides an ultrasound. Those old wives tales are only popular because they have a 50% chance of being right and they are fun for some people. But realistically, the ultrasound or the birth will be the only accurate ways to know the gender.

Scientifically, you're taking about sex not gender, but I'm doing my best to ignore that whole misphrasing nightmare on these boards.
  • Options
    I apologize for my misuse of the word, of course I meant sex. I suppose if you want people to stop misusing terms you could explain the differences. I don't think it's intentional, it's a simple lack of knowing that can only be remedied by information.
  • Options
    Ramzi was right for me and about 60% of the OWT were right. But let me tell you, I'm 17 weeks still experiencing morning sickness and I'm having a boy. I had hyperemises and just terrible morning sickness. That's the only one that really threw me off
  • Options
    Ramzi theory was wrong for me as well as all the other wives tales and things I read online to do or signs of having a boy or girl. Everything was pointing to girl and I was pleasantly surprised and happy to be having a boy!
  • Options
    Ramzi theory was right for me, boy! every other wives tale said girl. But all of my symptoms pointed to a boy too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"