December 2014 Moms
Options

Daycare issues

I take my 3.5 month old to an in-home daycare where she takes him and one other baby that was born 5 days before him. He does like to be held and isn't on a consistent nap schedule yet (he's 3 months for goodness sake!). Got this letter in his diaper bag and found it when we got home. She is leaving for Florida for a month and family will be watching him in the meantime. Am I out of line for being really mad and wanting to find him a new place? He's not a fussy baby typically at all and sleeps 11 hours throgh the night.

Re: Daycare issues

• Options
    WTF I would be very upset at that note. He's a baby!! What does she expect? Is she serious?! Maybe she shouldn't be watching babies. I would find another place ASAP
  • Options
    get another place ASAP.  You don't know anything about this "family" taking over and you'd have to run sex-offender and criminal backgrounds at the very least before even considering it.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    WTF?  This is so wrong.  How are you supposed to "work on longer naps" if you're working full time anyway?  Babies nap when they nap and eat when they eat...I'd be nervous to leave my baby with someone who has that kind of attitude.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    What @pjswife said! I would not leave my kid with someone who thought about him that way.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Coming from a previous daycare worker-Find someone new! That note was very negative. If she can't handle two babies then she shouldn't have taken them on. I can't believe the nerve of some people. I would worry about the care she is giving your LO.
  • Options
    Wow I would be upset! How are you supposed to work on your baby taking longer naps? Especially when you are at work and she is with the baby! If she can't handle two babies than she needs to find a new job! I would find someone else asap.
  • Options
    Ahh yes thank you! Needed to hear that I'm not being overly sensitive. She's been doing it for like 30 years and came recommended but that was also from people who have kids that are now like 20-30. I think she just is over it and can't handle babies anymore. I refuse to give my baby less attention when I only get a few precious hours together with him after work. He's been with me for 3 months (+9!) and with her 8 days total. She "conveniently" left this passive aggressive letter the day before she left which is just wrong I think. Thank you ladies! Think we may go the nanny route after this (im not anti daycare as my mom used to do in-home but this has made me so mad.) he's still napping like 3-4 40-50 min naps throughout day and had been STTN for over a month. Pretty good baby in my mama eyes! And I should clarify.. It's my family watching him the next month. Thank you all for your support !!
  • Options
    Holy crap I wouldn't even let her be in the same room as my child, let alone leave my child alone with her. She doesn't sound like someone that has a natural love for being around babies. They are all different and small daycare types should know that. Also why not just talk to you in person? Run, don't walk, away.
    TTC since June 2011
    DH: perfect SA
    Me: 30, moderate endo, unexplained infertility
    IUI or IVF in December

• Options
    Leave her immediately and find someone new!
  • Options
  • Options
    Goodness. We do an in-home and I would lose my mind if I got that letter.

I could sort of understand if she had approached you in person at pick-up one day or something. Our provider has been doing this a long time too, and if she felt he was overly fussy or clingy I would appreciate her seasoned opinion. But that said, the unprofessionalism and passive aggressiveness is enough to go another route for care. Good luck to you! Finding care is hard enough, I would hate to have to start over!
    BFP on 4.3.2014
    EDD 12.10.2014
    DS #1 born 12.16.2014 - He's perfect!

• Options
    LEAVE as fast as you can!! That person absolutely does not need to be in childcare. 
  • Options
    Wow. Just wow. Yeah I hope you are able to find a new daycare or a nanny. First of all that note is RUDE! Second of all, she can't say this stuff to your face?! She has to leave a note and then slink away on vacation? Maybe this lady was once a great daycare lady but sounds like she has been doing it a while and is burnt out. Burnt out daycare means get out quick! Best of luck!
  • Options
    Spot on
  • Options
    The "stinker" himself. We've officially decided to hop away
  • Options
    pjswifepjswife member
    edited March 2015
    He is sooo cute! Are those brown eyes or have they not really settled on a color yet (off topic, I know sorry haha).
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Definitely brown! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"