Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Did obgyn discuss pathology report at postnatal visit

Hi Ladies, I had my 6 week post delivery visit with my Obgyn after going into preterm labor. I was expecting my doctor to discuss any results from my pathology report so that I would have closure about delivering my baby at 21 weeks. I was very disappointed that she didn't discuss anything with me about possible causes, has anyone else experienced this or not? I thought it was strange. My doctor wasn't even able to tell me what test were preformed when I was in the hospital....thanks for insight in advance.

Re: Did obgyn discuss pathology report at postnatal visit

• Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    I have no experience.. But did the hospital tell you anything?
  • Options
    No, The hospital didn't tell me anything....but that's a whole different issue!! I feel so lost but I have to believe that God is going to make it all better with time. However, I did speak to a close girlfriend who had a similar experience, she informed me that her OBgyn didn't give her any insight into possible causes either. I guess it's their way of protecting themselves??? Who knows..
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No, hospital didn't give me anything and my OB simply just said, "it happens all the time." Most Mc there is no rhyme or reason we will understand, simply that there was a genetic incompetence and the pregnancy wasn't viable. Some days the logical side of me can understand this. Other days, everything sucks and it just hurts :/
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss, I guess we mothers who have experienced loss would just appreciate a better explanation. Praying for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"