3rd Trimester

I'm so done being pregnant!!

Hey ladies.. I'm 40 weeks and 5 days and so done being pregnant.. I'm completely misrable, uncomfortable and just over it. I've done everything to naturally induce labour I've even had 3 membrane sweeps with no luck. I well aware I'll have my baby soon I'm just at my breaking point... I wanted to have my baby naturally but now I want to be induced so badly. One main reason was at the beginning of this month I had a ultrasound to check my baby's size, he's estimating 8 lbs 5 oz.. Now I'm worried if I go much longer I'll need a c section which I do not want! How many of you went into labour around this time? I'm losing all hope of going on my own. I have my prenatal on Thursday and I might tell them to induce me

Re: I'm so done being pregnant!!

• First off you are so close to being done! Baby will come when he's ready.
    Secondly the ultrasound guesstimation of weight is so off it's ridiculous so don't read much into it and our bodies are made to accomadate birth to babies of most sizes (in most cases).
    Lastly avoid induction if you can. Yes they usually end up perfectly healthy but the drugs they use (specifically pitocin) are really hard on your body and baby's body by creating intense contractions one on top of another. My induction took 21 hour from breaking my bag of waters to finish. In between that time frame ds' heart rate dropped dangerously low 3 times and it was really effing scary.
    Look how far you've made it and most places won't let you go past 42 weeks so really the longest you have left is probably less than 10 days. You can do this! Good luck! I know it sucks but you've got this!
  • sslager said:

Hey ladies.. I'm 40 weeks and 5 days and so done being pregnant.. I'm completely misrable, uncomfortable and just over it. I've done everything to naturally induce labour I've even had 3 membrane sweeps with no luck. I well aware I'll have my baby soon I'm just at my breaking point... I wanted to have my baby naturally but now I want to be induced so badly. One main reason was at the beginning of this month I had a ultrasound to check my baby's size, he's estimating 8 lbs 5 oz.. Now I'm worried if I go much longer I'll need a c section which I do not want! How many of you went into labour around this time? I'm losing all hope of going on my own. I have my prenatal on Thursday and I might tell them to induce me

I was almost 42 weeks with my son. I know exactly the feeling of "hitting the wall" in the last week. I feel for you. Cry if you need to cry. Just remember you can't stay pg forever.

Keep walking & do your best to keep your head up. You could literally go into labor in any minute.

Also, it's antiquated advice or belief that a big baby is a reason for a C section. Cross every bridge when you come to it & don't worry about things that haven't actually happened yet.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Im not there there yet, but remember with my first how frustrated I was the last week! Please keep us updated! 
    Pregnancy Ticker    

• My mom had me and my 2 younger siblings all around 42 weeks and we came naturally even being almost 9 pounds each. So just hang in there! Im sure natural is still an option.
  • Your body is made For This
  • cdch820 said:

Your body is made For This

She was 40 weeks on March 25.  Its April 12.  Pretty sure she's birthed that baby already.  ;)