2nd Trimester
Options

Round Ligament Pain vs. SPD

Does and understand the different between round ligament pain and SPD? I've been having a lot of paini feel like where the symphasis pubis is and pain in my groin and inner thighs. If I go on even a short walk or squat, it flates up and then I'll getting shooting and burning pain up into my crotch and into my abdomen. The stabbing pains lasted me probably 10-15 minutes and then settle some and come and go but the burning can continue for several days as I try to get off my feet and be really careful. It also hurts to put socks and pants on. And light pressure from wiping dog poo off my shoe yesterday brought tears to my eyes.

I have trouble articulating all or this to my Dr. When I'm there. The Dr. Told me it was just round ligament pain but when she was pushing on me and asking if it hurts, she wasn't touching anywhere that it usually hurts. At the same time, I just don't feel like I'm being heard. Does anyone really know the difference? Between these two things? And if I do sneeze or cough, it a different kind of "ooh that kind of hurt". And I feel like that is the round ligament but the other pain isn't like that.

Re: Round Ligament Pain vs. SPD

• Options
    pixieprincsspixieprincss member
    edited March 2015
    For me, RLP lines up with the legs (but higher, of course). SPD pain is right in between the legs, like inside of where the mons pubis is. Many women describe the start of it as feeling like someone kicked there many,many times or the bruised feeling after certain intercourse positions. I have dealt with crazy, crazy SPD which you are welcome to look up in my blog (link in sig).
  • Options
    Thank you. That's kind of what I thought too. And I do think I'm having spd symptoms.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had spd with my last pregnancy and I felt lots of pain in my inner thighs. I didn't know what it was at first, because I didn't associate spd with thigh pain. It felt like someone was dragging a knife down my thigh, and I had pain in my hips like someone was stabbing me there too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"