Boston Babies
Options

Daycare options around Lynn, Salem, Nahant area

My husband and I live in Nahant and are looking for a full time daycare (4 days a week) either in our neighborhood or by our work.  We both work in Boston in the area of the financial district.  Seeing as how the prices I have gotten so far at facilities in Boston are through the roof, I was looking for recommendations for daycare options in the north shore area.  I am looking into the Kindercare in Salem, but that is going the opposite direction for my commute every day.  I want a daycare that offers a curriculum and is reputable. We won't need daycare until at least November/December, so we have time to figure it out, but I know there are some places that have wait lists so I want to get things figured out soon.  Any advice from mothers in the area?

Re: Daycare options around Lynn, Salem, Nahant area

• Options
    My daughter goes to shining stars learning center in Saugus. It conveniently located if you drive into the city like my husband and I do and not very far out of the way if you take the blue line in. The staff are all fantastic, the facility is very clean and they do a lot with the kids. It's $9.50/hour for the infant room, I'm not sure of the prices for the older kids' rooms. I definitely recommend them to anyone I know looking for childcare in the area.
  • Options
    Thanks for the recommendation...I will look into it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Em208Em208 member
    My son, who's 4, is enrolled at the JCC in Marblehead. I know that's a little out of your way, but I can't say enough about how wonderful and caring the staff is there. It's very much like a family. I'm not sure what the infant/baby rates are but I know that for preschool it was one of the more affordable options.
  • Options
    The Marblehead Y may have daycare.