1st Trimester
Options

XP: Going Crazy!

Ever since I read about blighted ova, I've been going crazy worrying.  I am 5w4d and all they saw on the transvaginal u/s (had it done at 5w2d) was a gestational sac.  I know its probably too early to see anything, but I'm still freaking out, which is not healthy.  The doctor said they would call when they get the report.  My HCG numbers were good when I had by blood drawn at 4w6d, they were 659.  And they didn't say anything about me coming back in for more blood work.  I know I'm just being paranoid, but it also doesn't help when I see others post u/s photos of the same GA as me, and they are seeing more.

ETA:  I have not had any miscarriage symptoms.  I didn't even spot like most women do during implatation.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: XP: Going Crazy!

• Options
    HannahD82HannahD82 member
    edited March 2015
    I had an ultrasound at 5w4d and could just see the sac. When I went back at 6w4d we saw the baby and the heartbeat. Try not to worry, it's still really early especially as you don't have any other symptoms.

Why did they do an ultrasound so early? For me, I was spotting and it was a viability scan. The OBGYN I go to usually doesn't do ultrasounds before 10 weeks. 

I'm 13 weeks now and stopped bleeding after the scan at 6 weeks.

EDIT: I forgot to add that it's normal to have your HCG levels checked twice but usually if there is a problem or history of miscarriage.
  • Options
    He said something about it being a dating ultrasound. He wanted to see what was going on since I'm going on vacation next week.

I actually have an appointment with other OB tomorrow because I just found out that the hospital my current OB delivers out of is now out of network with my insurance and I can't afford the out of network costs.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would try not to worry. Heartbeat is usually not seen until at least 6 weeks. So enjoy your vacation and give your baby a little time to grow!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"