Nurseries and Baby Gear

IKEA Crib with Naturepedic Mattress?

Has anyone successfully used this combination? We bought an IKEA Sniglar crib and are planning on buying a naturepedic mattress. Based on some reviews on Amazon and elsewhere, the mattress may not fit as snugly as it should in the IKEA crib...anyone get a good fit with these items together? If so, which naturepedic mattress did you use?

Thanks!

Re: IKEA Crib with Naturepedic Mattress?

• smashbaby111smashbaby111 member
    edited March 2015
    I ordered a similar combination of the sundvik crib with naturepedic mattress, I have the crib but the mattress is on the way... I'll try to remember to come back and let you know how they fit together... Feel free to PM me if I forget to come back- I don't trust my pregnant brain... Should have the mattress by next week
  • I just responded to a PM with this information, but figured I would throw it up here if anyone else is interested in this topic:
    We actually just put the crib together today and popped the mattress in. I think it fits great! Width wise it is definitely very snug, almost tight. Length wise, I can fit the width my fingers down on one end (probably around a half inch) but a baby limb definitely would not fit down there, the mattress is so firm that there would not be enough "give" to allow it to squish anymore to get a limb down there. I plan to use a mattress pad/cover so I think that might add a little bulk to close the small gap that is there... Hope this helps!
    BTW, there were absolutely no off gassing smells coming from the mattress, which I was really pleased with...
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks. We actually got the same mattress. It seems to fit ok...there is one gap in the corner that bothers me, but I don't know if it's just me being paranoid or if it really is a concern.  If I squeeze them in, I can fit two finger widths.