June 2015 Moms

To breastfeed/ not to breastfeed(why/why not)

2»

Re: To breastfeed/ not to breastfeed(why/why not)

• I BF My first for 18 months, and it was hard at first. But we got in to a groove, and it worked out great.

But I want to warn all you ladies who expect to automatically lose weight BFing, it doesn't always happen like that. All the women in my family lose the baby weight within a couple weeks, but then gain 20 lbs of BFing fat. None of ate crazy either.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Surprisingly I'm getting the opposite treatment everyone is ragging on me because I decided to try to breastfeed. I let everyone know that I am going to try my best to breastfeed and if I am not able to will fall back on formula. Now they are all saying it's a waste of time and super difficult etc. But like everyone said to each their own a lot of people I know only breastfed for a week or two or only at night etc and all their children are perfectly fine no problems. If you don't want to breastfeed don't for most it's not a easy task and requires work and still not completely free because most likely you will want lotion for you nipples and shields pumps covers etc to breastfeed.
  • Loading the player...
  • To each their own! Just because I want to BF, that doesn't make me a better mom than those who formula feed.
    I nursed my first for 18 months and only quit because I was pregnant and I loved it! I am excited to nurse again this time. That being said, I know some people say "give it a few weeks/month and it will get easier". I struggled a lot the first 3 months of BF! It was awful at times but I really wanted to do it and honestly, didn't want to pay for formula. Just don't expect it to come naturally because it doesn't for everyone! And definitely don't let anyone else make that choice for you! It is a personal decision!
  • I plan on breast feeding. With my son I supplemented with formula because of low supply and he was loosing weight because of a breathing issue. He had to be on oxygen for the first 2 months so my choice to suppliment definitely gave me some peace of mind that he was getting enough to eat to gain his strength. He's a very happy and healthy toddler now with no lung issues whatsoever. I'm hoping that my supply will be stronger this time and I also plan on doing night feedings in bed when I can. (We plan on having LO in a bassinet next to the bed for the first 3 months or so). BFing was a challenge at times, but very rewarding. I'm so glad I stuck with it.

Here's an article on formula and GMO's (genetically modified organisms) that a friend shared with me. If you don't believe in the dangers of GMO's that's totally fine too. I'm not here to convince you either way, this is just an FYI for those that do.

https://earthweareone.com/these-three-companies-are-using-gmos-in-their-baby-formula-2/
  • Yes - I am so excited about it! I wasn't able to breastfeed my last and it was really devastating. Something about the breastfeeding snuggles is so special/fun.

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • I want to breastfeed but I'll have to stay on subutex if I do. Yet I'd rather switch to suboxone. I'll just have to see how it goes.
  • I'm planning on trying to breast feed for the obvious costs savings. But also, I am cloth diapering, and breast milk poop is completely water soluble, so that will make cleaning diapers easier. Also, I hear formula poop smells terrible. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Formula poop is so much worse that breast poop also the baby puke from formula stinks way more than breast..... It is something to consider :) I really have no preference what ppl do to feed their child though as a disclaimer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"